The story of the space Station "Deep Space Proxima Alpha"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Rules:
1.) Normal posts from 1st person view. No logs
2.) Everyone plays one character
3.) Keep an eye on the story discussion thread
4.) No spam. If you don't have to add anything, stay quite. For comments use the discussion thread
5.) If you want to play a reoccuring character either keep comitted to the thread or find a good reason for its disappearence
6.) Have fun

Historians Note: The events in this story occur 5 years after the events potrayed in "Eternaty: The Next Mission"

Five years...five years since the end of the legendary second mission of the USS Eternaty. After I led to ship through the Lorg wars which finally lead to their defeat, I was tired of rescuing the universe. I returned to Earth and taught the newbies at Starfleet Acedemy what a good officer needs. The Eternaty is now a museum and a symbol of heroic resitance. It was a time of peace. Now a new threat looms above the federation. A coup d'etat placed the Zonitopian homeworld under military rule. They already anneceted various unpopulated systems along the Federation border. Starfleet Command decided to put an emergency plan into action. It includes the revival and refitting of various old, abandoned star bases at the border. With me still being Captain I was ordered to take command of Deep Space Proxima Alpha by now. I can't say I'm glad with this. I still cope with a trauma from my war experiences, and I'm not keen on more troubles. I managed to get together some of the old crew, namely Commander D-Stroya, who will be my First Officer again, and Commander Kilham, my Science Officer.
I was glad to meet them again, after this long time and chat about the old times. We laughed our asses off, remembering our hilarious adventures with pokemon or mutated pizza. We are currently on the USS Essess en route the DS Proxima Alpha. We will arrive there in one hour. Maybe it won't be so bad after all...

Tarantella

Dances with spiders.
Apr 1, 2001
Visit site
Captain..Its 2nd Lieutenant Tarantella here.I have got that routine maintenance list you requested for parts needed for life support. Ive had to include two new exhaust flanges for the waste disposal system which were causing the problems on the lower deck accommodation units during high G maneuvres.

Full list:-

1)42 Hydrobrushes.
2)316 Air freshening units.
3)Two exhaust flanges(inc. rubber seals).
4)1500 Pairs sanitary gloves.
5)1 Auto pump(heavy duty)

MRP.No.4267

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
I'm on my way to the new space station, and looking forward to serv ing with 8-4-7-2 and kilham again. i'm sure we'll have a good laugh. i was talking to 8 earlier, i asked if we will have a bar, and he hopes we will. i'm real glad about that! need to drink!

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
admiral cascs story

i am so bored.....
i wander what happened to all those brave man that served on teh starship eternaty.
life there was good, exitment, advanture, what can a guy ask more?
hmmm
i realy wander what happened to them.
after the great wars i kinda lost them.
i was send to the fifth planet of the arakis system to try and settle a war between some houses why tried to take over the planet and its spice.
hope there doing well.
they problably will........
oh damn me, when i get my mind on something, i have to figure it out. it must be these damn implants still in me.....
hmmmm, maybee i could use my contacts at starfleet intelligence to locate them and organize a littel reunion...
HE! thats not a bad idea.
lemme see now. yes let me senda message to counsoler K'mtar, head of starfleet intelligence.
computer start dictation.

<computer voice> dictation started

dear counsoler K'mtar,

could you help me locate my ex-crewmates of teh starship uss eternaty?
i enclosed a list of the cerw aboud at that time,

thanks in advance
admiral CaSCaDe -..

computer stop dictation

<computer voice> dictation stopped

ah now i just have to wait for an answer, in the mean time let me just see if the fish will bite in the red rivers of the planet Plutark

*** next day ***

aaaaahhhhh yes this is the life!!!!
just me my rod and the fish in the red river, yesterday i didnt have that much luck, maybee today will bring hope for me and my fishing rod!

<piep piep><piep piep>

he a responce from counsoler K'mtar
ah it seems that most of the crew has been assigned to deepspace proximus alpha.
hmmm they will have a hard time there, i think a lttle reunion party wouldnt do ne damage!
ill start preperations imidiatly, sorry good old fishing rod, but you will have to wait for me a bit longer.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
Ensign Stryker ready for duty sir

I hope this will earn me some promotion quick, after having to toil in that cramped up space shuttle for ages with that irritating logical Vulcan.(i hope he's not on the station)
Oh well that was in the academy times, thank god they are now over.
Man, the station looks empty, for now
I wonder how starfleet got hold of this one.
I need to talk to the head of security, i'v been hearing some weird noises at docking bay, sounded like screams, but it could'v been the jetlag, my neck is still hurting after three days of travel economy class.

I hope the holodecks well be free soon, its been so long ...

|pOt|fArMeRx

3rd degree CD burns
Jun 12, 2001
canada eh
http
farmerx is in the shower thinking to himself of all the bad things he's gotten away with recently..

" i cant believe i stow-awayed onto this space station so easily !
and now that i have an oficers uniform I can begin my reign of terror here as well !! muahaha.... ohhhhhhh... i need a beer....
ohhh.. i need a galactic pepto bismol "

farmerx gets out of the shower, puts on some clothing and leaves his quarters.. ending his part SO far

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
Having spent the last four years developing a time-warp drive I thought i'd never again have to face deepspace travel. Starfleet seem to have had different plans for me, though - possibly due to one or two hunred little - er accidents and once again I find myself part of the crew under Captain 8472. How could they do this to me? - I barely made it out alive last time. They seem to think that there is a serious threat to our peace out here - some excuse. They're just trying to get me out of the way before the loss of the USS Birmingham, with her 500 crew becomes public knowledge. I know the timedrive wasn't to blame, but nobody believes it. Too many failures in the past.
To give us the USS Essess to travel out here on is the final insult, this ship was old 50 years ago when Captain Birk used it for deepspace exploration. Enough complaints, I must do my duty here and make the best of it Just hope they ARE lying about any threat lurking out here.

Myrmidion

Re-edifying the post-panarchic duodonemy
Jan 28, 2001
Third Lieutenant Myrmidion reporting in, sah! :)

I've been assigned to this...this....beauty of a space station as a shuttle pilot, after I sucessfully caused a twenty-seven shuttle pile-up in a spacedock. I guess they wanted me elsewhere. Well, nice to be with you.

Borg....*toss*....borg everywhere! *turn* AH!!! POKEMON!!

WAAAH!

....Same damn dream again and again. *picks up the log of new arrivals aboard the station*

What the.... 8472, Tarantella, Cascade, AND Myrmidion?! D-Stroya on the way?! Looks like we might have a reunion in the air.... I shall investigate this further, its been a while since I've shared a round with all those great people aboard the Eternaty...

This promises to be fun!

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
TACTICAL OFFICER'S LOG
Date: 4/038/34908

Well. My reassignment to DSPA has been completed. God is smells like a Fookengi washroom here... Ill have to put some scented oils in the air ducts.

Luckily I dont have to be on duty for another 3 days so I'm going to go down to Spl0rk's bar and get myself utterly drunk ;)

I might even have a 'fun time' with that girl from engineering ;) :D

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Finally the USS Essess arived and docked at DS Proxima Alpha. I heard that the advance crew included some more old camorades. I'm looking forward to meet Tactical Officer Deepershade and Security Chief beerbaron. With some of the old farts around it will be easier for me.

The airlock. Last barrier to my new home. *crank* It slowly opens. Sparks, smoke, rust and deformed bulkheads everywhere. This station is a big pile of crap. It must be the biggest piece of trash this side of the Typhon nebula. And this is supposed to be the key defense point for this sector bah...If I ever get a transmission back to Starfleet some Admirals will hear some ugly things. Maybe I should contact my old friend Admiral Cascade and see what he can do.
What's this? Faces...humans...there are beerbaron, Deepershade and ensign Stryker. My crew has also been joined my Lt. Myrmidion, the new flyboy. He is infamous for his shuttle crashes. Maybe that's the cause we hav't got brandnew ships, but only some old beta-class shuttles. But maybe we can still do something about that.
All my bones hurt. On the ship I senses every acceleration. Lieutenant Tarantella said he had fixed, but he obviously failed. I sent him to the geeks in engineering. The station is so b0rked that he can't do much wrong there.
The Ops is out of order and needs extensive repairs. So I made a bar near the airlock our temporary command center. I made Ensign Stryker chief catering officer - in other words: bartender.
"On romulan ale please"
"yes sir at once"
"bah. Not that replicated crap! Get me some real stuff or you will clean the deck on a waste freighter faster than you can count to three!"

..."-licated crap! Get me some real stuff or you will clean the deck on a waste freighter faster than you can count to three!"

Ah, 8472 giving the local bartender a rousing order, perhaps I could see that he does indeed get the real stuff.

"Holage there 8472!"
"Beer! What's up with this bartender?! He gave me replicated alcohol!"
"Good god man! I'm on it..."
*works some l33t bar skillz*
"There we are, one romulan ale, enjoy :) Have you seen more of the old crew?"

*telepathic message* 8472: I have been secretly making a new ship to get me the hell off this POS station, and it has PLENTY of room for supplies + extra staff, whatsay once the rest of us old dudes get here, along with a few newbies, we haul ass off this deathrap, maybe go back to the paradise planet?

*end telepathic message*

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
We finally have arrived at Proxima Alpha. I wasn't expecting much, but to see this... well Starfleet must have been VERY unhappy with me to send me to this remote scrapyard.
Even the rats are too intelligent to stay here and have managed to escape.
Our poor captain took one look at it and headed straight for the bar. I think i'll join him, though the replicated stuff doesn't bother me. As long as it's wet it'll do.

One thing that is troubling me is many of the original crew of the Eternaty are here as well. Most were well decorated for bravery during the recent Lorg wars and have done nothing that I know of to deserve a posting like this. Unless there really IS something out here they think only we can handle.

Tarantella

Dances with spiders.
Apr 1, 2001
Visit site
"Captain....The double shifts have finally paid off, the autopumps fiited and working at 110% capacity and I can happily report that the smell in the air ducks seems to be abating.

The flange installment will take 4 hours and I request that the crew will have to use the facilities on board the station during that time. My men have suffered enough during this flight .

The transfer of supplies and parts to the stations hold has started in earnest and will continue till 0800 tomorrow...Tarantella out."

Myrmidion

Re-edifying the post-panarchic duodonemy
Jan 28, 2001
Hmm...okay...so, it seems like most of the crew of the Starship Eternaty ended up on this junkyard station. Let's see, we've got nearly no weaponry, no shielding, and the only piece of armour I can see just fell off and drifed away. Literally, the only thing holding this place together is the duct-tape on level 4.

Anyway, I guess that it's not all bad...well, actually, it is...very bad...they gave me some lovely old rust-buckets as shuttles, which I intend to ram into the nearest moon as soon as possible...oh well, I guess we'll see what happens.

Drinks are nice, though :)

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
Thrakhath reporting, I just came in from Alpha-Cratearus and I am assigned to be an Engineer here . . . . Who do I report to?

And I hope you guys have PLENTY of duct tape, we're going to need it.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
most of my security team are aboard the station, i hope the commander is callin a meetin soon, i really want to get security protocols updated and get my teams organized as quickly as possible.

id also like to be ready when Space seagulls come near, cos i know who would be assigned to clean up.......
on my way to hand over the sercurity ops nad reccomendations to the commander... i think he's a commander? errr, whos in charge of this station?

we have a big delivery soon of shields and weapons, i need to "claim" a sercurity office somewhere which we will also need to build a brig. im lookin for the chief engineer to see what we have at the mo.
im headin to the bar now to see the guy im suposed to pick on.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
i submitted my report to the Ops commander then finally got pointed to the guy in charge, apparently im not on the station til 4 dyays later, hmmmm holiday already. i would take a shuttle out to te nearby nebula but some bugger has almost destroyed the shuttle bay. ive assigned most of my team to help engineering.....
hav to find the captain again and submit a report... but wait im not here...
new cargo arrived and being inspected...
duct tape...... 100,000 industrial rolls
surgery kits,consoles and equipment. wheres the docters then?
12 anti matter launchers,
6 fusion reactors,
1 very large power station assembly, this is still outside it will have to be attached to the station's hull, plenty of holes for maintenence.
2 experimental singularity generators, im not sure if these are weapons or power providers, well they got level 10 security.
hmmm 30 new shuttle crafts and tugs.
8 new class 6 large shuttles,
1 vertram class starship for border patrols.... hmmm, i smell trouble now.

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
Checking in order . . . .
  • Duct Tape, good good . . .
  • Anti-matter luanchers, good (note to self, have some grunt turn the old waste into anti-matter for launching)
  • Fusion Reactors, These had better be the X-14 series because we can't do anything newer without some kind of jury-rigged adapter and those things are a pain.
  • Power Station, about time, I'm running out of Duracells down here
  • Sigularity Generator, Cool. These babies are fun little toys (note, don't let the marines get to them this time, and keep them away from the mess hall and the bar. Bad things happen to the beer and the chicken)
  • Shuttles, Oh goodie, Capt'n will be happy about these, hope you got some Ion/gomer drives because I'd love to over-haul one of these :D
  • A Vertram!? You've got to be kidding. Ok, I guess I'll be breaking out the crew expansion modules, drive mod-chip, shag-carpet, and some GOOD replicators. I'll be building a bar/pizza shop too.

|pOt|fArMeRx

3rd degree CD burns
Jun 12, 2001
canada eh
http
farmerx sitting in the corner of the bar...
thinking to himself.. " hmm, i havent got any space women for a while.... this isnt cool, and what the hell is the point of this hole ? i've spied 10 maybe 15 conversations and all I;ve gathered is that the air ducts smell funny, and that they're going to tape a bunch of weapons together with duct tape... sheeesh...im lost,
im scared, im a million miles away from a home that doesnt exist... im a million miles and one plane of reality away from my family and friends.... i have nothing to look forward to except death....." farmerx let's one tear slide slowly down the side of his face and returns to his stolen quarters for a rest.

as he is walking by the loading bay, he see's an admiral Thrakkath going over a recievership list and decides to get in behind him for a closer look... " singularity generators !! ha !! "
farmerx sleeps with the his evil plans brewing like the coffee of an evil genius in his mind

Status
Not open for further replies.