News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > UnWheel > General

Old 23rd Sep 2004, 11:26 PM   #1
linuxmaier

funny glitch

this glitch excited me because it allowed me to get some great screen shots. i probably installed unwheel incorrectly, but ill try to explain. i acess unwheel through the main game's instant action menue. i did BA and choose mountain city. the level, of course, had no one but me in it, and i screwed around for a while. when time ran out, unreal chose a deathmatch level as the next map. i didn't get to bring a car in Grendle Keep, but when i choose 3rd person, the camera was free moving! i could look at the whole of my master chief skin, and get some great screen shots! this is the funniest on because i found out about a smiley face on the flak cannon ball.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot009.bmp
Views:	50
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	83398  
linuxmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2004, 11:26 PM   #2
linuxmaier

i hate the size limit. i had to crop my image down to a fourth of it's original size to fit it in.
Old 24th Sep 2004, 02:27 AM   #3
ProjectX
Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmaier
i hate the size limit. i had to crop my image down to a fourth of it's original size to fit it in.
Yeah you need to set a default map list to stop it doing that
ProjectX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2004, 05:23 AM   #4
Ravu al Hemio
Comes, fixes, leaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectX
Quote:
Yeah you need to set a default map list to stop it doing that
Honestly, ProjectX, I'd love to see you create a default maplist to make the forum configuration accept bigger files

linuxmaier, I recommend to use JPG instead of BMP. It takes up less space so you can post bigger files. By the way, there is an button at the end of your post; you can make good use of it.

Check out my wiki profile page for information about my UnWheel Big Air Timed mod and a way of porting UT2003 announcers into UT2004.
I have also written a tutorial on making announcer voice packages for Jailbreak.
Ravu al Hemio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2004, 09:58 AM   #5
JACK SH!T
Evil Genius in a Nutshell

Quote:
this glitch excited me because it allowed me to get some great screen shots. i probably installed unwheel incorrectly, but ill try to explain. i acess unwheel through the main game's instant action menue. i did BA and choose mountain city. the level, of course, had no one but me in it, and i screwed around for a while. when time ran out, unreal chose a deathmatch level as the next map. i didn't get to bring a car in Grendle Keep, but when i choose 3rd person, the camera was free moving! i could look at the whole of my master chief skin, and get some great screen shots! this is the funniest on because i found out about a smiley face on the flak cannon ball.
that was in UT classic as well.
I noticed a texture glitch while playing rabbit/volcano. There is a piller in the middle of the raceway (I'd post a screen shot of it, but geocities doen't allow hot-linking. I'll post a pic of it later on my site) that if you're going around the map counter-clockwise, crash into it. You go inside of the piller and no one can see you, or take the flag from you
/usr/src/linux

He who knows how will always work for he who knows why.
JACK SH!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2004, 12:21 PM   #6
ProjectX
Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravu al Hemio
Honestly, ProjectX, I'd love to see you create a default maplist to make the forum configuration accept bigger files

linuxmaier, I recommend to use JPG instead of BMP. It takes up less space so you can post bigger files. By the way, there is an button at the end of your post; you can make good use of it.
Lol I meant for his problem (I looked at the image)
ProjectX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2004, 05:34 PM   #7
linuxmaier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectX
Lol I meant for his problem (I looked at the image)
it's not a problem. it's a boon. how else can i get great screen shots like that?