The 3 Amigos Community Map Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cravensmythe

Amigo Bandito
Jun 30, 2004
Yorkshire, UK
All I am one of a few amigos bandit mappers who has been working to provide the community with an additional map pack to live alongside demiurges excellent maps.

We have created 3 new maps each with a different style and musical score, all are dripping in clone bandits charm.

The new maps in no particular order are

Mingotrap

This is the smallest map and is lush wasteland junkyard desert, it is full of stunt ramps and has big steaming hoop shaped pipe to jump. Can you find the mingotrap?

Canyonero

This is a large 4 pumping daytime stunt canyon, with a unique sound track. Every surface can be driven up, and nitrous bonus points of up 21 have been achieved. Can you find its secret?

Zabriskipoint

This is an dark night time version of canyonero with again different music and subtle lighting. Is that a clone in your headlights?

We hope you all enjoy the map pack and enjoy demiurge's clone bandits game now with 6 maps in total, no one can complain about a lack of maps now :)

To download go to Hollibs home page, we will attempt to sort other mirrors shortly

http://www.travedsl.de/~hollib/abmpack1.zip

I will be hosting these maps on my server so see you on there!!!

Attachments

• mingotrap1.JPG
    mingotrap1.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,095
  • mingotrap2.JPG
    mingotrap2.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 204
  • mingotrap3.JPG
    mingotrap3.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,242
  • canyonero1.JPG
    canyonero1.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 187
  • canyonero2.JPG
    canyonero2.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 997

cravensmythe

Amigo Bandito
Jun 30, 2004
Yorkshire, UK
Some more screenshots for you all

Attachments

• canyonero3.JPG
    canyonero3.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 142
  • zabriskipoint1.JPG
    zabriskipoint1.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 82
  • zabriskipoint2.JPG
    zabriskipoint2.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 69
  • zabriskipoint3.JPG
    zabriskipoint3.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 65

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
Yeah, Demiurge guys, we figured it was a good time to jump on the release-bandwagon... :lol: :)

edit: On another note, I feel like my work in this mappack is being exxagerated, both hollib and cravensmythe did more work than me, most likely. A round of appluase to hollib in particular :tup: all I do is draw pictures of pipes :p (ok I do more than that but still .... :lol: )

Last edited:

Aconite

Capt Midnight
Jun 23, 2004
Well I got my five miliseconds... I'm in a couple of the screenshots cravensmythe took. Thanks guys!

cravensmythe

Amigo Bandito
Jun 30, 2004
Yorkshire, UK
Hope you do not think we were trying to steal your thunder, we just thought it was a nice time to release and may help to drum up some more excitement for your fantastic mod.

P.S. I love the tunnels in your new map

hottoast

Art Worker
cravensmythe,

Steal our thunder? Not at all! If you guys wanted to release new maps every day, I'd be perfectly happy with that!

I'm listening to the music you guys provided - it's fantastic! Who made it? I'm honestly really impressed. Nice work!

Cheers,
Tom

Jason[Demiurge]

Level Designer
cravensmythe said:
Hope you do not think we were trying to steal your thunder, we just thought it was a nice time to release and may help to drum up some more excitement for your fantastic mod.

P.S. I love the tunnels in your new map

Stealing our thunder? BAH! There's plenty of thunder to go around for all! :D I'd like to add to Tom's thanks and praise for contributing to our mod. Tom and I listening to the new groovy tunes right at this very moment, and I must say, we both approve :tup:

I look forward to playing all of the maps tonight. Good work guys and thanks again for contributing to our mod.

hollib

Registered Bandit
Aug 6, 2004
lübeck, germany.
hottoast said:
cravensmythe,

Steal our thunder? Not at all! If you guys wanted to release new maps every day, I'd be perfectly happy with that!

I'm listening to the music you guys provided - it's fantastic! Who made it? I'm honestly really impressed. Nice work!

Cheers,
Tom
The music was done by Parlandos, Netherlands. They renamed to The Skidmarks now.
Puh, must say i am happy about your reaction to our relase.

hollib

cravensmythe

Amigo Bandito
Jun 30, 2004
Yorkshire, UK
Seeing as you both (Demiurge guys) enjoyed the map.....

I wondered if you had any clone bandits merchandise laying around that you could reward hollib the 1st amigo with, for providing the community with the first set of non demiurge maps. Obviously if you find 2 more items of merchandise screech and myself would be happy to take them off your hands :lol:

Providing these maps has caused numerous hardships one which was the week that my family had to do without food because I spent the money on replacing the dodgy stick of memory on our map test server, and the other is hollibs new psycological condition that causes him to try and steer vehicles on TV with the mouse and jump off the sofa on to the floor before 5 seconds is up. His girlfriend says it is really interrupting her TV viewing :lol:

Hollib did the majority of the work with myself and screech being mapper roadies, unfortunately there are no mapper groupies that have to get past me to get to hollib!!!

I am glad you all enjoy the maps they have taken many hours of preparation

cravensmythe

Amigo Bandito
Jun 30, 2004
Yorkshire, UK
When I sent the original post I forgot to thank all of our beta testers.

We ran open house on the mingotrap map and I thank everone who joined and played, from the people who played this a select few that could commit to playing complete games were invited to playtest the canyonero and zabriskipoint maps.

Thanks goes out to these beta testers from myself, hollib and screech

beta testers in no particular order:

DekeBandit
LordHedgehog
Aconite
Grenade_Guy
Scubaphil

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
To see who did the music, go play canyonero and go look at either the billboard or the diner in the map, hollib put up some nice little posters there :D

LordHedgehog

Sep 4, 2004
www.hedgie.com
Glad to help! I'm sorry I've been away a bit lately, but I've gotten time off work and that equates to time away from home taking the wife and kid places.

Anyway, these maps ROCK. Good on all for making 'em.

And I found the Mingotrap some time ago, but I still don't quite understand it. It's killed me a few times, though! :lol:

DekeBandit

Cornholio
Sep 4, 2004
Good job guys, was my pleasure helping with the map testing :)

Great to see this fantastic mod is progressing too

cravensmythe

Amigo Bandito
Jun 30, 2004
Yorkshire, UK
A quick note to all, we noticed a few beta / debug references on the maps so all of these have been fixed and the canyonero and zabriski point map names appended with SE to ensure we do not have any package / redirection server conflicts.

Southern

Oct 14, 2004
Holy Smokes, Batman! This is just the kind of injection the doctor ordered!

Thanks a lot for informing the CB community of the appearance of more maps :D these ones look awesome.