Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > New Version Suggestions

Old 5th Sep 2004, 10:17 AM   #1
Derelan
Tracer Bullet

Arms getting tired?

How about, for the purpose of realism, when you hold your rifle up to your eye for too long, weapon sway dramatically increases over time to the point where you have to rest your arms? Or would the scale for this amount of time be greater than any map we play?

Derelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2004, 02:30 PM   #2
Bushwack
Avenged Sevenfold...

because if you take it for granted that the INF soldier is trained and has a proper shooting stance, or position, you can hold that relatively easy for a VERY long time, and in INF, unless you plan on making the games last for hours and hours per map, its just not gonna be feasible or desireable to have this implemented.

What are the Lesbians doing in MY Pirate Movie?!?!?!
5eleven: Like the Bad Lieutenant, only he's a Captain!
""I'm not gonna fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt.""-George 'Dubbya' Bush
Bushwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2004, 02:32 PM   #3
Derelan
Tracer Bullet

Well, i have to admit, i got the idea from playing Red Orchestra, and there, the rifles begin to become uncontrollable after about 10 seconds (although they are instantly 'revived' after unaiming).

Old 5th Sep 2004, 05:49 PM   #4
keihaswarrior
<P^R>

I hate that feature in Red Orchestra. It degrades everything into strafe out, snap shoot, strafe in.... bleh. The person who has had more time to set up their shooting position is usually at a disadvantage because you are most accurate immediately after stopping and bringing up the sights.

--------------========Fear the Spear=============>
Downloads:
Storm Trooper Camo
keihaswarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2004, 06:45 PM   #5
Derelan
Tracer Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by keihaswarrior
I hate that feature in Red Orchestra. It degrades everything into strafe out, snap shoot, strafe in.... bleh. The person who has had more time to set up their shooting position is usually at a disadvantage because you are most accurate immediately after stopping and bringing up the sights.
The RO team feels they need to confront every gameplay problem with some radical unrealistic solution, yet they end up creating more problems in the first place. Extreme weapon sway was introduced to circumvent camping.

I think what they should use, is a timer. Once the timer reaches 10 or so, a little hand appears in the distance, like 'Thing' from the adams family. Thing flies over to you, and continuously slaps you in the face like a metronome until you have run around for about 5 seconds.

Old 6th Sep 2004, 03:22 PM   #6
jayhova
Don't hate me because I'm pretty

I was thinking something like this would be cool for INF but only for unsupported positions like standing and leaning crouched. I would also like to see the weapon drift down after a few seconds of aiming in one direction in an unsupported position. My idea is that if you allowed your weapon to drift down into the low ready position you would not incure any arm fatigue. Then if you move the mouse up a significant amount the weapon comes up into view.

Remember! Pyramids come and go, but the words of our Pharaoh shall live forever.
jayhova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2004, 03:23 AM   #7
Nadebait

Leaning, stamina, and the weight of your weapon should be the only thing to affect this. UT99 is hard to do it and the red orchestra team is made of gamers not soldiers with a messy hit system and should be compared to much. IRL though I've held my C8A2 up aiming straight for 2 hours 34 minutes loaded and with a sling, not easy but with the right state of mind anything is possible. Should be busy thinking up a way to get rid of the yurch hit mutator and put in criticals instead of this.