why is unwheel so messed up?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

baileygates

Sep 1, 2004
every time i join a server it says press fire to join the match i press fire and nothing happens will some one plz tell me what to do

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Erm, well we'd need a bit more info than that...

Did it ask you to select a vehicle? Do you see the vehicle you've selected anywhere? Are you stuckin spectator mode after selecting a vehicle? Which server did you try to join, the problem could be an incorrectly set up server.

And it's not "so messed up" until a bunch of other people have the same problem.

baileygates

Sep 1, 2004
no

Shrimp said:
Erm, well we'd need a bit more info than that...

Did it ask you to select a vehicle? Do you see the vehicle you've selected anywhere? Are you stuckin spectator mode after selecting a vehicle? Which server did you try to join, the problem could be an incorrectly set up server.

And it's not "so messed up" until a bunch of other people have the same problem.

no it didnt even ask me what car i wanted its the lasted verstion

ProStyle

Aug 31, 2004
Sounds like the bug where you made a server or joined a locally created one that didn't have the right server packages loaded. Before we figured this out my buddy and I would 'join' the round and it would spawn us on the track after we pressed fire, but all we could see were standard UT2K4 models and halo effects where the lights are supposed to be on the cars. I've never had a problem joining an official server though, they are all set up correctly.

baileygates

Sep 1, 2004
ProStyle said:
Sounds like the bug where you made a server or joined a locally created one that didn't have the right server packages loaded. Before we figured this out my buddy and I would 'join' the round and it would spawn us on the track after we pressed fire, but all we could see were standard UT2K4 models and halo effects where the lights are supposed to be on the cars. I've never had a problem joining an official server though, they are all set up correctly.

i cant find any official servers half the time no servers show up

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Theres at least 3 offical - then theres two non-offical which are up most of the time - one by BU. You need to check for different race types - remember as well that once on an offical server you can change the gametype via the map vote system.

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
Time for the ole brutal trio.

1. Make sure you are running on the newest version (the server's UT version should also match yours). If not, patch up.

2. Change the names of your User.ini and UT2004.ini to User.ini.bak and UT2004.ini.bak respectively. Then, reconfigure the basic stuff and try joining a server. You will lose your settings, but it is the best way to find out if there is a problem with your configuration.

3. Reinstall UT2004 and UnWheel. (Ouch)

baileygates

Sep 1, 2004
i did every thing you all said apart form reinstallin unreal and it works the only problem is when ever the game gets minamized i cant play again plz can you tell me how to fix this problem

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
baileygates said:
i did every thing you all said apart form reinstallin unreal and it works the only problem is when ever the game gets minamized i cant play again plz can you tell me how to fix this problem

Not being able to play when the game is minimized is

a) not UnWheel's problem
b) not enough information for us to help
c) most likely due to you having a slow computer
d) pointless, you should play in fullscreen anyhow

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
baileygates said:

Glad I could help. Unfortunately, minimizing the game in painful for most of the game engines, and even though Unreal handles it quite OK, it will stay an unsupported feature. So, I suppose you should just NOT minimize the game... or exit instead of minimizing.

baileygates

Sep 1, 2004
GRAF1K said:
Not being able to play when the game is minimized is

a) not UnWheel's problem
b) not enough information for us to help
c) most likely due to you having a slow computer
d) pointless, you should play in fullscreen anyhow

i do not hav a slow pc it is unwheel's problem becoz minizing the game using any other mode dose not mess i up and its becoz of unwheel that the game gets minamized when i am playin unwheel it randomly minamizezes when i am playin unreal it dose not minamize at all

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
baileygates said:
i do not hav a slow pc it is unwheel's problem becoz minizing the game using any other mode dose not mess i up and its becoz of unwheel that the game gets minamized when i am playin unwheel it randomly minamizezes when i am playin unreal it dose not minamize at all

what OS are you using?

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
All right, make sure no damn program is running in the background that always leads attention to itself. Remove every item from the taskbar (bottom-right corner of screen) except your antivirus or firewall (if applicable). Do not use any other programs side-to-side with UT2004, if possible.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
If that is the case then just stop running it minimized.

Patient: Doctor! It hurts when I rip my arm off like this... *OW!!!* See!? :mad:
Doctor: :rolleyes: Stop doing that.

Last edited: