UTXMP Client and Server questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
Ok, from the looks of the new bonus screeshot of the "in-progess menu art" (promo10.jpg), it looks like UTXMP will be executed outside of the current 2k4 menu. Is that right? Not being all that familiar with full blown mods to a game such as UT2004 I always assumed that UTXMP would be accessed from the same menu as all the other UT2004 game types, like invasion, team DM, CTF, etc. But, from the looks of the new menu art that's not the case.

I'm trying to get ready for the release in September by ordering a UT2004 server, but am uncertain as to whether this is the right move at the time.

Should I go through the trouble of getting this ready before the release?

Can someone explain how a server will actually be created/setup? In general terms of course. I'm not looking for specifics. I just need to know if setting up a UT2004 server is going to be a pre-requisite to running a UTXMP server.

Also, will UTXMP use the same "Master Server" as UT2004? God I hope so.

Thanks.

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
Since UTXMP requires UT2004, yeah, I'd assume you need a 2004 server ;)
Just start the commandline with -mod="UTXMP" or whatever it winds up being referred to as. I think there's some others for logfile, inifile, etc but I don't know them offhand.

SylverFyre

Spongebob Squarepants
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.byut.net
www.unrealadmin.org is your friend for all things server related :)

ive just spent the last week setting up 3 servers on a dedicated linux box weve rented and its almost as much fun learning to do stuff via SSH and sorting things out as playing the game :)