News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Series > Unreal 2

Closed Thread

Old 20th Aug 2004, 12:09 AM   #1
Stoneblind
/\ptr

A Victim of a Retarded Mouse. (Hardware Problem. Help Me.)

After thorough research and proper diagnosis, I am now confident in concluding that my mouse is suffering from chronic retardation. Here is my problem.

My mouse, especially when used in XMP, is a complete retard; a lot of times, (using mouse look) I make a quick turns to the left or right to look around, and then, my mouse suddenly stops in place, meaning that it freezes in place somewhere during the turn, severely pissing me off and making me unable to aim and play at my usual standard. Sometimes it happens once in a while, other times, it happens in rapid succession during aim/looking-intensive combat, making me get killed by "n00bs" on occasion, which is quite the ego-raper.

It does this in Doom III as well, though not as much as in XMP; as ****ty as my hardware already is, at least let my mouse do its thing in peace!

I need help.
My mouse is losing its heterosexuality.
It must be rectified immediately.

The weird thing is, my mouse is 100% perfectly fine whenever I am NOT playing a game, as in browsing the internet, using programs, etc. Could this be Direct X related or something? Enlighten me, for I am a callow young grasshopper.

MOBO: Soltek SL-K8AN2E-GR Nvidia NForce 3 250GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
RAM: Corsair Value Select 1GB PC3200
GPU: eVGA GeForce 6800 128MB AGP8X
HD: Western Digital WD1600JD 160GB Serial ATA
PSU: Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower 480W

Last edited by Stoneblind; 20th Aug 2004 at 12:11 AM.
Old 20th Aug 2004, 01:30 AM   #2
iddQd
Yours truly

Dude, your using a low budget mouse or one with a ball? These kinds cant really keep up with fast movements and often results in freesing or that the pointer goes into a different direction. I highly recommend you buy a mouse out of the MX series...

Tell me what mouse are you using.
Old 20th Aug 2004, 01:40 AM   #3
Richteralan
mnRadium

get rid of the balls mouse
Old 20th Aug 2004, 05:04 AM   #4
zombiewoof
Rokk Fiddler, Farmer

My logitech optical mouse that worked fine for a year started doing that to me. Gradually and just a bit annoying at first. I thought it was just apolstery fur from my chair (as I use the right arm of my Lazyboy(tm) as a mouse pad. It just kept getting worse and worse til once it froze in a particularly dire situation- carrying an arti being chased by a rabid pair of gunners forty feet to cap and.....FROZEN! It's a wonder that I niether got any plastic shrapnel in my eyes nor broke the arm of my chair, or lacerated my hand for that matter.
So in the end .....artifact returned....and the next day I went out and got a new optcal mouse. Problem solved.
Old 20th Aug 2004, 07:03 AM   #5
Brainiacus

Buy a high-G resistant mouse. Such as the MX510. If it's just with games, try installing mouse drivers or messing with mouse acceleration/smoothing settings. For the latter, the MX510 is recommended too, as it's hardwired to be able to disable mouse acceleration in any games giving a huge aiming advantage.
Old 20th Aug 2004, 04:10 PM   #6
Jackal
Crapass

dude, your mouse and my mouse can hook up. cuz mine is gay too. the left click button is shorting out. so when i try to map, and i have to use the LMB to click and drag, my screen goes all over the place, and i randomly select things. i also some times TK my teammates in XMP because of it. sorry guys.
Old 20th Aug 2004, 04:58 PM   #7
Stoneblind
/\ptr

Well, just for the record; my computer is Sony Vaio; bought it back around 2000 or 2001 or something like that; so my mouse is a regular ol' ball mouse made by Sony...with a mouse wheel. I tinkered around with the Windows XP Device Manager mouse settings, nothing seemed to work for me. Tried disabling mouse smoothing in-game option, did nothing. Tried lowering or increasing mouse sensitivity in-game, nothing. I think my mouse knows that I know it's gay, and it's rebelling against me in a torrent of technological retaliation.

After years of constantly cleaning out the chronic dust buildups that the mouse picks up from the dust-infested mousepad, I guess it's finally coughing out; I guess I will add "good optical mouse" to my list before I go upgrade sometime this year.

Either that or it's unable to handle some aspects of newer games....but it still doesn't change the fact that my mouse has turned gay.

Thrice damn my mouse.

~Stone

MOBO: Soltek SL-K8AN2E-GR Nvidia NForce 3 250GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
RAM: Corsair Value Select 1GB PC3200
GPU: eVGA GeForce 6800 128MB AGP8X
HD: Western Digital WD1600JD 160GB Serial ATA
PSU: Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower 480W
Old 20th Aug 2004, 05:40 PM   #8
Jubei
^^

after reading what you posted above me, i can only suggest

get a new mouse!

Old 20th Aug 2004, 06:40 PM   #9
S.I.X

Yeah Stone...Throw the damn thing out, and get a nice logitech optical, or even a logitech track ball...but the newer ones are sweet, they got thumb buttons, and middle mouse scrolly dealies, and like they fit your hand...it's so ****in comfy man...
Old 21st Aug 2004, 04:26 AM   #10
dutch_gecko
Think Pink

What I used to get on my pc (before I had to reformat the thing) was that demanding games caused the mouse to lag. If you've got XP you can fix this by changing xmp's priority (in the task manager: ctrl+alt+del to bring it up) to below normal. Try it, see if it works. And it doesn't affect the games performance.
Closed Thread