News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > Coding

Old 19th Aug 2004, 08:17 PM   #1
Influenza
Code Monkey

Emitters: CoordinateSystem and SpawnFromOtherEmitter

I'm working on a nice blood-spray effect for my mod that models itself after Kill Bill, with blood spraying everywhere upon getting hit; I'm using an Emitter for the effect, and it works rather well. However, I'd like to adapt the Emitter so that it leaves "stain" marks on the ground wherever a blood particle hits. To do this, I added a second sub-emitter to my blood class and set up the primary blood spray to spawn it upon hitting the ground through SpawnFromOtherEmitter. This works fine, but only when the CoordinateSystem of my emitter is set to PTCS_Independent.

The problem is that I need to use PTCS_Relative for my coordinate system, but setting this causes the blood stains to not spawn. Does anyone have an idea why this is? I can't use PTCS_Independent because, for some reason, I can't rotate the Emitter if it's Independent (I rotate the blood spray so it always moves in the direction the pawn is getting hit from). No matter what I do, an Independent emitter always spawns its particles in the positive-X direction.

Alternatively, if anyone knows another way to leave blood stains when each individual particle hits a surface, please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by Influenza; 19th Aug 2004 at 08:21 PM.
Influenza is offline   Reply With Quote