Two problems to report

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EggSuckingLeech

Jul 27, 2004
I'm using UT2Vote42 (old I know) and last night I hit two snags.

Snag1: This is an annoyance but not a showstopper. I was playing one other guy last night. I happened to vote for MapA and he voted for MapB. The guy told me that he didn't have MapA. Whew, mapB won anyway (which we both had). I got an incompatible files error for MapA even though MapB won. I had to disconnect and reconnect to resolve.

Snag2: Unsure if this is a problem with Ut2Vote. We played 4 games and for the first time, I enable Global stat tracking by setting GameStat=True for all my game types. Only two games were recorded on the stat tracking site. The two were the first game we played and the game we played after I had to disconnect. Has it been tested that each game voted for actually gets credit when tracking stats? With the master server problems, I wasn't sure but I wanted to post this issue.

Thanks.

[HT]ÜberByte

Jul 31, 2004
As for Snag1, I have had this happen to me once in a great while -- even with UT2Vote44B5, and as for Snag2, the ut2004 master server -- well I dont really understand Snag2 :rolleyes:

EggSuckingLeech

Jul 27, 2004
maybe easier to show. If you go here:
http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/serverstats.php?server=8129662
you will see the server I kicked off last night. It reports only two games played. We played four.

I figure the way this works is that after each game, the server sends the data for the game just played over to the master server who then records the info. I found it an interesting coincidence that the only two games actually recorded were the first game, and the game after we had to disconnect. This leaves me wondering if UT2Vote works correctly when reporting stats. Again, I'm not even completely sure this is a UT2Vote issue. But I was wondering if this element (GameStats) was tested well enough considering the problems that the master server has had since this game first came out.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
We have addressed Snag1 in 44 although the problem you are having with it happening with a missing map is a new one, but eitherway UT2Vote44 should solve it.

With Snag2 and the GameStats.
UT2Vote does not report any GameStats anywhere, that is UT2004's job and is done by the GameInfo, but with the MasterServer being down more than up I would not hold any hope out for any updates.

Last edited:

[HT]ÜberByte

Jul 31, 2004
ProAsm said:
We have addressed Snag1 in 44 although the problem you are having with it happening with a missing map is a new one, but eitherway UT2Vote44 should solve it.

With Snag2 and the GameStats.
UT2Vote does not report any GameStats anywhere, that is UT2004's job and is done by the GameInfo, but with the MasterServer being down more than up I would not hold any hope out for any updates.

Am I behind here, or is beta 5 still the latest? And I correct myself, I only got snag1 in 4.3.

EggSuckingLeech

Jul 27, 2004
I realize that you do not report Gamestats anywhere. But I don't know how/when UT2004 reports it. For example, is UT2Vote a mod such that you could be voting for 50 games but UT2004 sees it as only a single game? I.e. UT2004 is a shell where UT2Vote is running within and UT2004 doesn't have a chance to report each individual game since you never get out of the UT2Vote core.

I don't know how UT is coded but I'm familiar with coding and I could see it done in that way and why I ask. It's just that the coincidence seemed too remarkable :)

Thanks.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
UberByte
Solving the 'Incompatible Game Files' problem in 44B5 you need to set in your IniOnly section:
bNoGameFiles=True
Each client can also set it in his User.ini if the Admin does not want to make it a Serverside setting.

EggSuckingLeech
If you're using OLStats then maybe thats your problem as the authors deletes his OLStats just as the game ends.
We are working together atm to get OLStats and UT2Vote44 compatible.

UT2Vote sort of runs within UT2004 as a shell but is very dependant on the default Games that UT2004 supplies.
For instance you cannot create any new 'native' classes and everything has to be 'subclassed' off current classes which end up being your 'parent' class if you get my drift.

EggSuckingLeech

Jul 27, 2004
OLstats is a mutator, right? I don't use it. I use only UT2Vote42. And we played DM only.

So lemme ask, have others gotten this to work fine (std global stat logging using UT2Vote)? I merely enable Gamestats to be set to true.

ArPharazon

Aug 22, 2003
London
Visit site
UT2Vote provides a command line switch to enable / disable stats tracking per votable gametype - it doesnt interfere with stats tracking in any other way.

http://www.godsofchaos.org/utstats/index.php
[I went fishing and am using ut2vote44b4 ...b5 soon... real soon :) ]

I suspect that with the recent master server problems, your gameserver was unable to obtain a match id which is why your 2 games went 'missing'.

Its for this reason that I run the UTStatsDB package (http://ut2003stats.sourceforge.net/)... cant afford to miss logging my godlikes / wicked sicks for posterity :)

EggSuckingLeech

Jul 27, 2004
exactly. One of those 2 was a game I won 15-0. And now, I have no proof!! ;)

Anyway, I considered UTStatsDB but I got intimidated (running a web server and all). I also don't have a web site to post results to and I'm unclear if I can email a web page with results.

I downloaded UTStatsDB but I haven't gone any further. Thanks.