Sunlight Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Ok I've got 2 problems with sunlight actors and I'm wandering if there's any way to fix them:

1) I've got 6 sunlight actors in one of my maps, all my meshes light properly, but when I add a car to the game the car's colour flashes between the different sunlights as if each one was being turned on and off seperately.

2) The cars don't update their lighting very quickly when they enter shadows. They have to enter a major area of shadow before they change to a darker tone.

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
I generally add sunlight actors into the skybox. I have had problems with to many sunlights added to the main level. I don't know if this will help you, but you could select all the sunlight actors and move them into the skybox just to see.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
stevenhorton said:
I generally add sunlight actors into the skybox. I have had problems with to many sunlights added to the main level. I don't know if this will help you, but you could select all the sunlight actors and move them into the skybox just to see.

K I'll try that out.