NewsUnrealEdFilesModsFragBULiandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Series > Unreal 2

Closed Thread

Old 29th Jul 2004, 05:57 AM   #61
takwu
cXp coder Tak®

guys this thread has gone a little bit off the original topic...
but since you guys started it, I'll give my thoughts.
I never really played Tech, and so one day I tried it, and holy****ing**** I was as "good" as my ranger and gunner which I trained from the start. But it was no fun at all. Easy kills, no skills.
I can say it's super easy to be a Tech. I have not come across ANY player that's good at either classes and not be able to do well being a tech (more likely they're unwilling to do so).
On the other hand, there are many many Techs that can be competitive, and then completely suck when they switch to another class (probably by mistake). About the only thing they can do is switch to ranger and snipe a few rounds and die as soon as someone discovers their location
I'm not saying who in particular, but honestly, you know you have seen a lot of these players.
It's one thing to let everyone to compete, it's quite another when battles are lost due to these handicaps. So I can understand all the complains.
The way I see it, I pretend this is singler player. I can play the game at low difficulty (as a Tech) or have more fun at higher difficulty (as Ranger) or have an intense game at high difficulty plus handicaps (as Gunner). Since I started thinking that way, I never had any complains
Hope this helps some of you relief a little. And if it doesn't, don't worry, you'll get over it, haha.
Old 29th Jul 2004, 09:14 AM   #62
fireball
Reach out and torch someone

Well, I was doing fine with Tak's theory, except I'm better at Gunner than Ranger...
Old 29th Jul 2004, 09:28 AM   #63
petCROW
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRG
Actually, there are some ... that's more or less broken.
About the assault rifle, I personally think its pretty damn good. Ask radium, I don't think he'll disagree.
Old 29th Jul 2004, 09:40 AM   #64
Richteralan
ºØmníºRadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by petCROW
About the assault rifle, I personally think its pretty damn good. Ask radium, I don't think he'll disagree.
the firing cone of assult rifle is big and bullets spread randomly within that cone.
and it needs luck to hit enemy
Old 29th Jul 2004, 11:28 AM   #65
GotBeer?
The nozzle is now calibrating

I also switched to Tech from Gunner for a few days at the beginning of this month. I was surprised how easy it was to start beating my old scores (I know, it's not all about the score...). Don't know what they're bitchin, about.

And like Fireball, I'm better at Gunner than Ranger. Part of it is my 300+ ping, but I also have trouble with Ranger movement (translation=I suck).

-gb?
Old 29th Jul 2004, 11:50 AM   #66
|g|Hercules
xmp-God & Shotgun Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRG
There's something screwy with every class
Erm, wouldn't that be balance?

I think people are losing sight that the classes ARE balanced, the skill level isn't. I'm not ranking on people and their skill level, but lets face it, that's the real issue.

Personally, as a techie, I loathe having rockets shoved up my ass or being sniped from God knows where, but I don't complain, I just respawn and go about my business. And I usually overcome the more skilled players by sheer determination and doing what the team needs to have done. This is a team game, not an "I can deathmatch better than you" game.

The one's you have to watch out for are the one's that take "fixing" the balance into their own hands.
Old 29th Jul 2004, 12:00 PM   #67
Xaero
Who Dey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |g|Hercules
The one's you have to watch out for are the one's that take "fixing" the balance into their own hands.
And then there are those that blindly think XMP is currently perfectly balanced. I like to compare these people to Democrats and Communists. They are told the game is balanced, therefore don't question that fact.

I'm just kidding.
Old 29th Jul 2004, 12:05 PM   #68
FurociousFa
Banned

um being a tech is easy, being a good tech is a wee bit harder ; )

gunner being hardest? ha... i played ranger/tech for a few months mostly really bad at ranger and an o-k tech, i play gunner one day and get invited to a clan, and dominate myu in terms of kills/caps/points..yes gunn0rs can cap : )
Old 29th Jul 2004, 12:26 PM   #69
petCROW
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richteralan
it needs luck to hit enemy
You wish :P
Old 29th Jul 2004, 12:53 PM   #70
[DF]phalanx
bgutblower=true

i play crap ranger (most of the time sometimes i hit ppl in the head while dodging at close range with a sniper rifle)
i play ok tech
i play as l33t gunner

nali city news poster
http://s3.invisionfree.com/XMP_clans/index.php <-- xmp forums to keep the community together and o help the newbies#dark-fear
Old 29th Jul 2004, 12:55 PM   #71
[pet]owl

wow this thread is liek trying to read a book.........the famous class battle. after many months of playing this wonnderful game i have come to the conclusion that yes i have skill at it, yes it is fun, yes i am better at tech then any other class, as for owning someone in xmp......xmp is a team game crow and fur whip me in a duel no dought but in game a real game i don tthink any class can own the whole game they all have diffrent goals tech-nrg deploys=gunner defense ranger arti cap the class batlle is a rediculous argument to me. find your role play it to your greatest ability.
Old 29th Jul 2004, 12:59 PM   #72
Xaero
Who Dey!

Owl was pretty much right on the money there.
Old 29th Jul 2004, 01:45 PM   #73
PRG
XMP Beta Tester

Anyways my point was missed. 4-6 months went into testing the balance. It was pretty good at build 6496-7. Some things were broken with build 7710, which wasn't tested fully. Coincidently, build 7710 was the latest beta build the day Legend was shut down, hence it was moved out the back door and quickly released.

(U2)XMP-LastRites, (UT)XMP-Baptism, (UT)XMP-????????
I don't care what you say, I don't care what you're drinking today, I don't care what they say, I'll be drinking today - Hüsker Dü
Old 29th Jul 2004, 01:57 PM   #74
|g|Hercules
xmp-God & Shotgun Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaero
And then there are those that blindly think XMP is currently perfectly balanced. I like to compare these people to Democrats and Communists. They are told the game is balanced, therefore don't question that fact.

I'm just kidding.
As for being a Communist.....I'd say the one that closes threads because he doesn't LIKE them and prevents the freedom of speech, is the communist.

And another thing that perplexes me about you Xaero, is the fact that Owl and I are in agreement, yet you call me a commie and TOTALLY agree with him. WTF is up with that?

I like you Xaero, I really do, but you can be pretty odd at times.

/me waits to be banned
Old 29th Jul 2004, 01:59 PM   #75
Xaero
Who Dey!

Hercules...did you even read the last line? I said I was joking.

Lighten up.

Last edited by Xaero; 29th Jul 2004 at 02:06 PM.
Old 29th Jul 2004, 02:03 PM   #76
|g|Hercules
xmp-God & Shotgun Whore

Quote:
Hercules...did you even read the last line? I said I was joking.

Lighten up.
K, just kinda worded strange for a joke. O_o

So, I guess I'm not banned then?
Old 29th Jul 2004, 02:05 PM   #77
FurociousFa
Banned

its a totalitarianism learn your government girly xD

Last edited by FurociousFa; 29th Jul 2004 at 02:09 PM.
Old 29th Jul 2004, 02:12 PM   #78
|g|Hercules
xmp-God & Shotgun Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurociousFa
its a totalitarianism learn your government girly xD
OMF, he's right!!!!!!!!

Proof that fur actually has a brain cell......OMFG!

Old 29th Jul 2004, 02:15 PM   #79
XBrotha
[_X_]IGnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by |g|Hercules
Erm, wouldn't that be balance?

I think people are losing sight that the classes ARE balanced, the skill level isn't. I'm not ranking on people and their skill level, but lets face it, that's the real issue.

Personally, as a techie, I loathe having rockets shoved up my ass or being sniped from God knows where, but I don't complain, I just respawn and go about my business. And I usually overcome the more skilled players by sheer determination and doing what the team needs to have done. This is a team game, not an "I can deathmatch better than you" game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [pet]owl
wow this thread is liek trying to read a book.........the famous class battle. after many months of playing this wonnderful game i have come to the conclusion that yes i have skill at it, yes it is fun, yes i am better at tech then any other class, as for owning someone in xmp......xmp is a team game crow and fur whip me in a duel no dought but in game a real game i don tthink any class can own the whole game they all have diffrent goals tech-nrg deploys=gunner defense ranger arti cap the class batlle is a rediculous argument to me. find your role play it to your greatest ability.

Quote:
Owl was pretty much right on the money there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRG
Anyways my point was missed. 4-6 months went into testing the balance. It was pretty good at build 6496-7. Some things were broken with build 7710, which wasn't tested fully. Coincidently, build 7710 was the latest beta build the day Legend was shut down, hence it was moved out the back door and quickly released.
ALL GREAT POINTS....YEAH!!! THANK GOD FOR YOU GUYS.....LOL
Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is a beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is life, fight for it!

Last edited by XBrotha; 29th Jul 2004 at 02:17 PM.
Old 29th Jul 2004, 04:42 PM   #80
Jackal
Crapass

hey the juggernaut aim was not fixed. you can ask anyone thou, i know exactly how to use it. there is even a bug that you can use to your advantage. that's why if im in the tank you die.

hey im just saying that the only really good things that im good at is getting Gen's, killing ppl with the alt fire on the the shotgun. and i own at the tank. just learn to use it.
Closed Thread