Using FHI weapons without activating mod.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gothic Knight

Jul 13, 2004
I was looking for an answer to using FHI weapons without activating the mod and i found a dissapointing answer, heres what Parser said:

The reason we're being so stubborn about the weapons is because we want the player to be immersed in our mod, not with bits from other mods or weapons. I know it sounds stupid, but FHI2k4 is no longer a gametype, it's a mod, and we want people to see and experience our new weapons, not just to throw them aside as an add-on mutator, if you understand what we mean..

Its like their forcing us to use their weapons! Now the thing is i hate invasion! I only downloaded it cuz alot of people said it was really good. The only thing i liked about it is some of the weapons. I wanted to add some of those weapons to normal UT2004. I love ONS and Jailbreak and ive been looking for some cool weapons. FHI had cool weapons at the great cost of making only invasion available to play. Now becuase of that great flaw, im just gonna uninstall FHI which is a shame since it has very nice weapons. I was just hoping to use them with other weapons and gametypes. No offense Parser, but you shouldnt force players to use the mod alone. Let their be options! Not just invasion! If this mod ever come in mutator form, please inform me.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
not to sound rude, but it's parser's work and you don't pay a cent for it. If he decides, not to offer a seperate weapon mod, you have to accept that...

you could try to hack the weapons out of the mod, but you could only use them in your own maps, as there is no replacement-mutator. But as parser doesn't want the weapons to be seperated, you are not allowed to do so...

the solution is quite simple. serarch the web and mainly the atari-forum for other weapon mods like chaos-ut or those from angle-mapper... there are lots and lots of nice custom-weapos, which replace the standard ones...

at last, there is no need to blame on parser. It's his work, and he can do, what he likes. If you don't like it, yust don't use it ;)

not using it and flaming afterwords is imho lame ...

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Well, Parser doesn't speak for me, and most of the weapons are mine. I'll be releasing them seperately fairly soon as a standalone package (once I've gone through and changed package names and such to avoid conflicts with the FHI packages).

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Um, I think you misunderstand what you're quoting me about.

That response was in a request to put normal weapons in the FHI maps and have the FHI weapons optional in the maps as a mutator. Since we spent a long time on the mod (I know Rad spent a long time on his weapons too), we didn't want this happening because we wanted the player to be immersed in our mod, not just half of it.

It's perfectly possible to use the weapons in standard UT2004, just copy the neccessary files (code packages, textures, static meshes, animations and sounds) over to the normal UT2004 directories and summon the weapons in.

Gothic Knight

Jul 13, 2004
Yay weapons seperate coming soon! In my opinion, just cuz u guys spent a long time making this mod doesnt mean u guys should "force" players to use the mod. I like playing UT2004, not some mod that decreases your options. If you do release that seperate weapons thing, i thank the FHI team lots for making UT2004 loads funner! :)

Last edited:

Moofis

May 20, 2004
No. I just moved the weapons files from the FHI folder into the normal UT 2004 folder (that includes textures, animations, etc.). However, the spore rifle doesnt work for some reason.