News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > The Fraghouse Mod Team > General mod talk

Old 9th Jul 2004, 09:51 PM   #1
DeathAdder
a.k.a. LightBringer

Redirect doesn't work

Does the ini have to point to the redirect listed on the news page, or can it be any other redirect? The reason I ask is I have some beta maps on the redirect available to me when renting the server, but it isn't working.
DeathAdder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jul 2004, 06:30 AM   #2
Parser
Hello

Hmm. You need to open FHI2k4.ini and set RedirectToUrl under [IpDrv.HTTPDownload] to this:

RedirectToURL=http://www.asup61.dsl.pipex.com/redirect/

If you would like me to put those beta maps on my webspace, and they aren't too big, feel free to email them or something.
Parser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jul 2004, 08:15 PM   #3
DeathAdder
a.k.a. LightBringer

I have a fast redirect, but what I guess you are saying is that the mod will only allow going to the redirect you posted? How come? I have RPG2004 and SatoreMonsterPack that I want on fast redirect too. will you put those mods on your redirect? I need that.

I set my server to a default gametype, and my redirect does work, but when I set it to FHI with the redirect in the fhi2k4.ini file, it doesn't work. So, I guess the only way it will work is with

RedirectToURL=http://www.asup61.dsl.pipex.com/redirect/

But, I did that, and I still don't think it works.
Old 11th Jul 2004, 07:07 AM   #4
Dark_Dust
Barbecue Biertje Bob ^_^

Yeah it's a bummer it doesnt work, i have played a few times on your server and had to download rpg and satore. It took me damn 5 minutes before a 2.7 mb file was done, like i was on a 56k.

I also tried that redirect on my own server which i had set for the 3.1 patch. A friend of mine connected to my server but the redirect failed.. and yes i have set it under the proper section.
Dark_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2004, 04:09 AM   #5
tdw-socke

what exactly is happening there?
is the redirect running fast, but then starting new slow? then it might be the wrong fhi-version.
do other redirects work like expected? then it might be a case-sensivity. Make shure, that the redirect-files have the same cases for every letter (not only the first) like the entries in the serverpackages=... section.
it also might be, that the files do not have read-permission for the webserver, or for everybody.
look at the logs. UT and also webserver...

edit:
oh, and if it's a 3.0 client connecting to a 3.1 server or something similar.... well, i won't point on that one again...

Last edited by tdw-socke; 12th Jul 2004 at 04:12 AM.
tdw-socke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2004, 07:05 AM   #6
DeathAdder
a.k.a. LightBringer

I did load 3.1 patch over 3.0. I'm not sure what the correct letter case is suppose to be. I am using the redirect that parser mentioned, so i can't answer for read-permission.

Parser, does the redirect have to point to http://www.asup61.dsl.pipex.com/redirect/ ?
Old 12th Jul 2004, 07:36 AM   #7
tdw-socke

is nothing redirected, or just some files?

in which ini did you add the redirect-path?
Old 12th Jul 2004, 10:43 AM   #8
DeathAdder
a.k.a. LightBringer

I added http://www.asup61.dsl.pipex.com/redirect/ to both ini's just to make sure even though I am only running FHI on the server. I know I could email parser the map files as he said here in the thread, but I am doing betas and testing, and I would be emailing him frequently. I also want to put RPG and SMP files on the redirect too.

does the redirect have to point to http://www.asup61.dsl.pipex.com/redirect/ , or can it point to a redirect that I have available to me?
Old 12th Jul 2004, 11:53 AM   #9
Dark_Dust
Barbecue Biertje Bob ^_^

You can point it to any redirect that you know or have as long as it has the required (and correct) files for the FHI clients.
Dark_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2004, 01:24 PM   #10
DeathAdder
a.k.a. LightBringer

ok, great! Then, I can add the SMP, RPG, and maps to the redirect I have available to me. I am assuming that the client has to have 3.1 already on his system in order to see my server anyway. Is this correct? I have went online as a client with the standard ut2004 package. I went to server browser to search all standard and non-standard invasions servers, and didn't see mine listed. So, I figured that the only way to see the FHI servers is to have it installed myself. Only thing I can think of is clients with older versions of FHI will get redirected to load the newest version. Is this correct?
Old 13th Jul 2004, 01:36 AM   #11
tdw-socke

nope