UT2004 Patch 3236.1 for Linux and 3236 for Mac Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Epic Games' Linux/Mac guru, Ryan Gordon, has released an updated patch for Linux (3236.1), fixing the "long load times" bug that affected 32-bit users of the original Linux 3236 patch. There's also a Mac version of 3236 available, replacing the old version 3229 that appeared sometime last week.

In a message posted to the UT2004Servers mailing list, Ryan explains...

So the long load times are due to a codegen bug in gcc. I have no idea what changed that caused this, since the code that's blowing up hasn't changed since 2003...but it looks like Unreal is moving to gcc3 on linux/x86, finally.

Here are some new builds. If you're a Linux/x86 admin, you're definitely going to want to try these, but tentatively, in case something new and strange is wrong. The load time is definitely fixed, though.

Linux/amd64 didn't suffer this bug; if you already had the 64-bit 3236 installed, the included binaries are identical.

And, there's finally a Mac 3236 available.

Note that these files only apply to 32-bit Linux/Mac users, not Windows users or anyone running the 64-bit Linux version of UT2004.

Download UT2004 Linux Patch 3236.1 from BeyondUnreal FileWorks
Download UT2004 Mac Patch 3236 from BeyondUnreal FileWorks

B

blindwitheax

um i installed the patch and its giving me a "my cdkey is already in use" error.

E

estoves

blindwitheax said:
um i installed the patch and its giving me a "my cdkey is already in use" error.

I have the same problem, using linux.

Loibisch

The Odd Member
Jan 3, 2000
Germany
www.carpeimperium.com
To server admins running Debian (stable):

You will need to install libstdc++5_3.3.4-1 and libgcc1_3.3.4-1 from the testing branch to get the file libstdc++.so.5.

Alternatively you can create a symlink to libstdc++.so.3...that will give you some errors though.

qazix

Lost
Mar 31, 2001
Hmm... question for the other affected Linux users: did you install FragOps with the Loki installer shortly before or after patching?

Update: see below.

Last edited:
E

estoves

I have Fragops 1.38 installed from zip-files, not the lokiinstaller.

T

Thargoval

FIX

...there seems to be some irritation in Patch 3236-1 about the end of the CDKey-String - just use some editor to add a linefeed after the key line in System/cdkey and the Master will stop moaning.

Wolfseye

Jul 13, 2004
NEED HELP WITH LIBSTDC++5 !!!!1

Loibisch said:
To server admins running Debian (stable):

You will need to install libstdc++5_3.3.4-1 and libgcc1_3.3.4-1 from the testing branch to get the file libstdc++.so.5.

Alternatively you can create a symlink to libstdc++.so.3...that will give you some errors though.

Ok, when you guys tell me how to set DEBIAN to the testing branch and update the libstdc5++ I would be very thankfull. ;)
I am not "this kind" of Linux Crack, to get this done, sorry. Before the latest UT Patch i did not need this LIB, it worked fine. But now its asking for that ...

Please help ....

Wolfseye

jsumners

Jul 15, 2004
ug.dyndns.org
Wolfseye said:
Ok, when you guys tell me how to set DEBIAN to the testing branch and update the libstdc5++ I would be very thankfull. ;)
I am not "this kind" of Linux Crack, to get this done, sorry. Before the latest UT Patch i did not need this LIB, it worked fine. But now its asking for that ...

Please help ....

Wolfseye

Yes you did need that library before. It is just that the binary was compiled against an earlier version of it before this patch. I do NOT recommend upgrading your whole system to the testing tree if this is a dedicated server. Instead, I would just hit up http://packages.debian.org/ and get the appropriate libstdc++ package and install just it (use dpkg).