Tryouts!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

«BuA»Meat

Silent Assassin
Oct 27, 2003
Québec
Hey core Members. You're the one who take decisions in here but this is my suggestion, if we want great practice we'll have to have people showing up we are now 11 «BuA» Members ( i would of said active members but that would be a lie isn't it? ) and we have trouble to get 4 members for practice due to work school or whatever. I would suggest that we make a Day of tryout, see if we can have interesting members to add to our roster and get the practice that you guys decide to and get on those ladders to have fun.

let's pick up an open night of tryout test them right away then they could fill out the form if they made it or still is interested. let's try to get four or 5 more members.

on the server we could put an auto message like ( Monday tryouts open night see if you can make the team ) then you get the core on server and you test whome ever shows up, then he can fill the form to get to know the person and send them the rules and else. that could be fun too OPEN TRYOUTS NIGHT !

What are your thoughts ? we do need some people in here right ? I sure do wanna go back on ladders again right ?

Last edited:

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
It is a neat idea. But I don't think we get enough traffic in the server to get people to 'come back at such and such time'.

We could give it a shot, but things usually don't work out that way. There is a message on the server that says we're recruiting...how hard is it for someone to drop by our website and fill out a two minute form afterwards?

Bad-Target

Aug 29, 2002
East Coast, USA
Visit site
Bonecrusher said:
how hard is it for someone to drop by our website and fill out a two minute form afterwards?

I know this message was to Core members, but I thought I would chime in.

Its not that hard, your right that, but people still need to visit our server to see the message. If people are like me....in that if I see a server has no one playing in it I do not go into that server. I instead look for the servers with the highest populations. There for I believe that almost no one will see our message requesting for them to join us.

Is there any place that we could advertise? Maybe there is a community forum out there that we could post a threat about recruitment.

I have an idea, is there a way to create a recruitment page on our web site that would show up in a goolge search at the top of the google matches? We use Keywords like: Join, recruit, UT2004, Low grav, CTF. That way if a future recruit tries to find a clan to join we would be the first match listed.

Any idea what it cost to get one of those flashing banners to flash on a website? May be we could get a message in the banner, it would be like having a billboard ad.

«BuA»Meat

Silent Assassin
Oct 27, 2003
Québec
i posted that we are recruiting on evry forum possible like instagiber, atari, Ogl, igl i think too. no one seem to be very interseted. We need at least four more members. Some kickass players and fresh meat that we could show them how the game is played.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
There are some good ways to get new recruits.
Word of Mouth: Not all that good but advertises the «BuA» TAG.
Playing on PUBS and participating in Communinty forums (UTGamers, IGL)

Kicking A$$ in Ladders. (Probably Best Way)
When folks review ladders they see clans listed that are real good and think hmmm, let me try to join them since they are kicking a$$!! Folsk are always looking for a good clan to join then a bad one.

I suppose we could add Recruitment threads AGain.
BC if you want to update this PIC. We could post it in a few places are even Add it to the Site.. After all its a Nice PIC!!

Attachments

• recruit.jpg
    recruit.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 54