How about Writing a book?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Creiz

O_o heh. Ima tooo Fresh
Jun 8, 2004
Montreal.
Hey wussup?

I've been thinking, how about writing a book, like UnrealED for dummies?
or Everything UED? or anything like that?

It would include everything people should know on editing Unreal tournament.
Beginner start to mapping, modeling, coding, etc
Intermediate start for mapping, you see the point.

Of course the book will be based on Unreal tournament 2k4, it could use all the resource Unreal Wiki has, organised as chapters and sections, plenty of images, and an UScript Reference at the end of the book.

Maybe we could include a CDROM, with some mods, models, and maps for people to begin with.

Well this is just an idea, and I will be very pleased if something like that starts.

Of course I could help write the book in question.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
So many people have contributed to the Unreal Wiki that it would be impossible to obtain all of their permissions.

you can however download the entire wiki for your personal use. :)

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
Be aware that there is going to be a book released on using the Unreal Engine. I had a feeling it was supposed to be out sometime this year - but I've not seen any mention of it for a while.

A book is definately already in the works though.