ping

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

papaschtroumpf

May 21, 2004
The ping times displayed in Jailbreak seem excessively optimistic, unless they're in different units than the regular UT pings, but see a lot of lag on a server with a ping of 40ms for example, whereas I'd kill to get a ping of 40 in ONS.

Hopefully once the server carsh is fixed we'll see more JB servers running on solid hardware/connections.

Rakshasas

Apr 19, 2004
papaschtroumpf said:
The ping times displayed in Jailbreak seem excessively optimistic, unless they're in different units than the regular UT pings, but see a lot of lag on a server with a ping of 40ms for example, whereas I'd kill to get a ping of 40 in ONS.

Hopefully once the server carsh is fixed we'll see more JB servers running on solid hardware/connections.

Really? Aww I was hoping someone gave me a T3 for my birthday! *pouts*

To be honest I don't think UT reports pings right in any gametype.

For example, when I first got JB, I noticed that all the servers had around 250 ping... so I was REALLY disapointed, but I said screw it and I'd just see how the gametype was put together...

Well it was very much playable, it felt normal to me, but ingame it says 5 - 20 ping. I know that's not possible :p

On some ONS servers I notice that even if the ping on the browser says 40, it could be 300 heh. CarBall is exactly the same way, except the ping seems to stay around 200 in the browser and ingame, but it feels just as playable.

I kind of gave up listening to the server browser, I just rely on how it plays.