Installed.. but, now what?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

clapper

May 27, 2004
I've installed the respective files into the respective ut2004 folders on my linux machine. I fire up the game, but, how do I connect?

I don't see Jailbreak listed as one of the games types... should I? I don't see any maps with the JB prefix being played in any of the "internet" games I see.

I tried to directly connect to an IP I got off this web site, and I got an error that the server is refusing to send me the JB-babylon map, even though I have that map already in my default UT2004 maps directory.

Can anyone help a newbie out?

clapper

May 27, 2004
I do have the jailbreak.int file in the appropriate directory.
I am not sure how to check if jailbreak shows up as a gametype for botmatches.

Thanks for the assistance!
=noob

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
clapper said:
I do have the jailbreak.int file in the appropriate directory.
I am not sure how to check if jailbreak shows up as a gametype for botmatches.

Thanks for the assistance!
=noob

Um, pick instant action from the main menu. when asked what gametype, you should see Jailbreak in the list. (Do you ever play offline?)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Did you use the UMOD of the ZIP version?

If you used the ZIp version, you need to edit your INI files. See the file Jailbreak.txt that should be in your help folder.

blix797

Jun 10, 2004
i am also having this problem. I am using Linux, too. I extracted everything in the ZIP into their proper folders, and I changed the INI correctly. In fact, the Jailbreak Debug mutator even appears under the available mutators! but when I click "instant action", I don't see the Jailbreak option. Help me!

Last edited:

blix797

Jun 10, 2004
yes, they are all in the system directory, and no, there are no messages in the UT2004.log relating to JB.