script driven texture panning

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

conscripted

Mar 1, 2004
australia
hages.net
Im trying to acheive a wipe effect on a charactor of a texture moving across the top of second texture. I had planned on using the texpanner and combiner, but texpanner doesn't seem to handle anything other than continuous looping (the speed can be changed but not a defined transform or step so to speak)

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to move the top texture along via script?

the other idea I had was material sequence which steps through different 'frames' of the wipe

thanks in advance for any help

conscripted

Mar 1, 2004
australia
hages.net
thanks for the suggestion EvilDrWong, I shall, it should come in handy with Mychaeel's idea, for a practical example. great
That might be a good way to get it working like I want, Mychaeel, thanks. Yes its a lateral only movement, and I can make the texture bigger than initial thoughts, to cope with the (probable) tiling so the loop has a large transparent section so it looks like a wipe.

great suggestions you two, I should be able to get it working from these

conscripted

Mar 1, 2004
australia
hages.net
or at least I'm part way. I have the shader doing exaclty what I want, which is great, but Im having a little trouble with this bit
Code:
 function calcGraph()
{
    local TexScaler TexScal;
    foreach AllObjects(class'TexScaler',TexScaler)
       TexScaler.UOffSet +=5; //flaskValOffset();
}
compile error is Error, 'Foreach' : an iterator expression is required

Im trying to just move all texScalers across with this script as there's only one in use.
Ive read a few other threads and wiki and udn, but Im obviously missing something here. Can anyone see what Im doing wrong?

conscripted

Mar 1, 2004
australia
hages.net
damnit,.. ive been staring at that code for to long, i pasted the wrong one...sorry bout that, this is the code Im useing, which doesn't work
Code:
function calcGraph()
{
    local TexScaler TexScal;
    foreach AllObjects(class'TexScaler',TexScal)
       TexScaler.UOffSet +=5; //flaskValOffset();
}
with the error being the same

'Foreach' : an iterator expression is required

conscripted

Mar 1, 2004
australia
hages.net
yeah, its declared local in the function. final thing, this is in the unrealengine2 runtime, but that shouldn't make a difference. maybe it is? although theres plenty of examples of foreach functions on udn, and this is not that strange a function to do...