Anybody ever try this?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StrangeFish

Feb 22, 2000
Manchester, CT, 06040
Visit site
Just for the hell of it, I decided to get all my kills with the impact hammer. It was the funniest thing. Nobody seemed to know what to do with this maniac running at them. I did a lot better with it then I thought I would. It was good for a laugh, although it doesn't work at all on wide open maps.

------------------
Looks like a fish. Moves like a fish. Steers like a cow.

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
Actually, I played on a server once, and I noticed that everytime I encountered this one player, he was using the impact hammer. I finally saw him re-spawn once, and he had it as he spawned(ie. it was higher on his priorities.)

Well, he came in a close second to me on that game!(And it was a level I'm fairly good at too.) So afterwards, I went to ngStats and looked him up. In the number of kills/weapon type, the Impact Hammer was rated highes with something like 900 kills!! The second hights was something like 100(the flak I think.) This guy used it exclusively!!!

So I checked out his two clan-members stats. They were the same!! (one guy was really bad...like 1200 kills w/impact hammer, something like 90 was the next highest.) These guys practiced that thing almost exclusively!!!

Now...it may not be the most effective tactic, but let me tell you, these guys were GOOD with this weapon. On tight levels I bet they did really well.

Just thought I'd share...I wish I could remember their clans monikor so I could share it with you, but it was a month or two ago, so it's been wiped from my history.

bullet2.gif

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher
www.cosmicmonstersinc.com

Mr Z

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
Yeah I have had the misfortune of running into someone that was proficient with the piston. Sheesh talk about humiliating.

FenderTX

Dec 6, 1999
Texas
Visit site
oh c'mon you guys..its not like you can't see it coming from a mile away..when you see them running towards you with the hammer just back peddle, swerve around, and blow them away(you can see them carrying the impact hammer by the way..try turning up the resolution)
icon15.gif
..I've been smashed by the hammer only a handful of times..i dunno maybe you guys are 300 + pingers or something..then i guess it would be a little more difficult because they might be closer to you than they look or in another location from where they appear

[This message has been edited by FenderTX (edited 03-09-2000).]

Ratch

Jan 25, 2000
Holland
Visit site
Well, the Impact Hammer is kind of a restricted Flak Cannon.
From close range it's instand death, but the Impact Hammer doesn't have any effect when 5 feet away.
The Flak Cannon should always beat the IH easily.

Ans like FenderTX sayz, you can see them from miles away (unless you res. is 640x480).
The only thing that sucks is that if you aren't able to shoot them off before they reach you,
well, then you get blown away.

In small maps, sure, it's a very effective weapon. But most of the maps in UT are medium sized
and so I'd use the Flak Cannon more often...

bullet2.gif

So finally everyone notices the smiley!

Finally my soul can rest.

JESUS CHRIST

Masterful
Feb 23, 2000
Red Bank, NJ
Visit site
I was playing lastnite and someone was doing that the whole game. I got killed a couple times but mostly they were getting smacked. The name was Sipoch or something. IT was funny as hell