News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Miscellaneous > SkinCity > General and Off Topic

Old 20th May 2004, 06:19 AM   #1
=NS= Spectre

Sapphire mesh/texture screwed???

I wanted to skin a female character and decided on the sapphire mesh and texture as a base. Using the play disk ive got the texture and 2 meshes......however....one mesh has a visor over the head, which, well, is not allowed for in the texture, and the other mesh (merc_female#) seems to be too big for the texture, in that there are white gaps. Does anyone know or have the correct mesh/texture? As im guessing the ones on the disk are screwy!

Last edited by =NS= Spectre; 20th May 2004 at 06:20 AM.
=NS= Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2004, 04:11 PM   #2
]|M|[_-Seven-_]

Ok this is what u need enjoy. "Kirin get the credit for this file..."
Attached Files
File Type: zip satinsapphire-fix.zip (58.0 KB, 83 views)
]|M|[_-Seven-_] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2004, 07:08 PM   #3
=NS= Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]|M|[_-Seven-_]
Ok this is what u need enjoy. "Kirin get the credit for this file..."
Thankyou (and Kirin) very very very much
Old 5th Jun 2004, 01:11 PM   #4
Madogg_2k5

I replaced all the correct files as told to in the read me file, but im still getting the mask thing :/ Well...

1. Loading Satin or Sapphire is fine, the visor thing isnt there

2. Import texture from .bmp and the visor just randomly appears :/

and this is annoying because I dont do any of my paint work on UPaint itself , what am I doing wrong?
Madogg_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2004, 01:55 PM   #5
=NS= Spectre

I found the best way is to save your work in whatever Paint program you are using as tga's..... open Unreal Editor and on the texture browser open your skins .utx file.....delete all the textures that Upaint put in there (except the portrait pic, then file/import the tga textures that you saved, remembering that when the import dialogue shows, tick the box for Alpha's and set LOD to 2. Then all you have to do is compress the textures to dtx5 (right click on texture, compress, dtx5) and set it as a 'playerskin' in the properties and save. Silly mask thing is no more
Old 5th Jun 2004, 06:32 PM   #6
Madogg_2k5

bah, that didnt work either :/ and now Upaint wont even export the character ty for the help but im gonna bin that skin and never ^_^ work on Sapphire or Satin again
Old 25th Jun 2004, 08:52 AM   #7
zenvsnez
The Lord of UT

About the changing it to player skin... how do u do that??? I went to properties.. and uhh I dont use unreal edit sooo can ya gimmie a lil more feedback and where to add that?
zenvsnez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2004, 09:27 AM   #8
=NS= Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenvsnez
About the changing it to player skin... how do u do that??? I went to properties.. and uhh I dont use unreal edit sooo can ya gimmie a lil more feedback and where to add that?
In the texture editor on Unreal Editor, right click the texture you have imported, and click properties. You'll be presented with a new box. In one of the sections called 'Texture' at the bottom it will say 'LODSET_World', click this then choose LODSET_Playerskin from the dropdown menu. The thumbnail ive posted shows you what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg editor.jpg (199.4 KB, 44 views)
Old 25th Jun 2004, 09:45 AM   #9
zenvsnez
The Lord of UT

yeh like maddog said.. I did all that.. no change.. I opened upaint loaded .utx exported it.. same ****.. Oh.. and before i did the visor is gone in upaint but the models face is ****ED lolz in game its just the visor.. yeh so if u can help with this lil issue that would be great.. *Sucks how im a skinner in the clan im in.. and I have to put up with dumb ****s like the boyz who made upaint.*
Old 25th Jun 2004, 10:04 AM   #10
Madogg_2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenvsnez
yeh like maddog said.. I did all that.. no change.. I opened upaint loaded .utx exported it.. same ****.. Oh.. and before i did the visor is gone in upaint but the models face is ****ED lolz in game

yup, its gone on Upaint and its there ingame and/or if i import a texture
Old 25th Jun 2004, 10:41 AM   #11
=NS= Spectre

If you're using the fixed version of the mesh thats posted above, in order to stop the visor showing in-game, when you first import the texture (i find .tga format works best) a small box will show up, asking you for the package name, texture name etc. On this box set LOD to 2, check the box that says alpha. Then once its imported, right click the texture, then click compress, and set this to DXT5. This allows the game to read the alpha-channel thats applied to the area of the texture where the visor is thus making it invisible. I know this works for textures imported from Photshop etc, but aa far as textures imported directly from Upaint, i dont know
Old 27th Jun 2004, 11:38 AM   #12
zenvsnez
The Lord of UT

Spectre .. I did as you said.. I STILL get that ****ed up visor... hmmm. If you have MSN YAHOO or AIM.. contact me.. If you have MSN we could do a remote assistance *you being able to see my pc window and watch where i go* MSN - chris_d_newell@hotmail.com YAHOO - zenvsnez AIM - zenvsnez

Thanks

Reply Back
Old 27th Jun 2004, 04:12 PM   #13
=NS= Spectre

I've added you to my hotmail list, hopefully be able to solve the problem with some direct action
Old 28th Jun 2004, 06:16 AM   #14
Madogg_2k5

hmmm I havent tried what you said Spectre, how ever I've noticed since I added those 'fixed' versions of the Satin/Sapphire model, Unreal Paint wont export a character at all X_x It shows the loading window things saying "Exporting Character To Unreal" "Saving Texture Package" etc etc, but after closing it all down, going in game - the character isnt there, and the files (textures/upl) arent even in the folders :/ Im not sure if this is a bug so ill spend a few minutes now looking for any patches :S