NewsUnrealEdFilesModsFragBULiandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Reviews > Nali City > Nali City - Map Making > Play Testing

Old 13th May 2004, 05:40 PM   #1
Master Roshi
Troll

Dm-Dx-hellskitchen-nyc-beta5

Beta test ready!

Download Now.

Master Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2004, 09:57 PM   #2
darth_weasel
I won

i would donwload it, but it looks exactly the same as this map from this other game i have...
[00:16] <@Mr_Prophet> I tried making a baby
[00:16] <@Mr_Prophet> looked like a mutated sock
darth_weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2004, 05:17 PM   #3
Master Roshi
Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_weasel
I would donwload it, but it looks exactly the same as this map from this other game I have...
Yes it does. The title says it all "Dm-dx-hellskitchen-nyc" Its the hellskitchen map from Deusex. It's not hiding the fact the map is a copy of the one from Deusex. I have played Deusex and had an idea that this map would make a good deathmatch map if some things were changed to avoid being trapped in a corner with noway out and no ammo. An no this was not just copied and pasted from unrealed to the other. That would be cheating and it always crashed unrealed anyway.

Old 14th May 2004, 05:37 PM   #4
darth_weasel
I won

ding ding

so whats the point. make a deathmatch game for deathmatch, not a single player map for deathmatch.
[00:16] <@Mr_Prophet> I tried making a baby
[00:16] <@Mr_Prophet> looked like a mutated sock
darth_weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2004, 03:12 PM   #5
Nahand
!!! God Of Random !1?

If its any worth to you, i'd say make some building´s interior. I sure was disapointed by being unable to go to: Clinic, that Bar, and the Hilton hotel. Make the interiors.
Old 24th May 2004, 07:36 PM   #6
Master Roshi
Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahand
If its any worth to you, i'd say make some building´s interior. I sure was disapointed by being unable to go to: Clinic, that Bar, and the Hilton hotel. Make the interiors.
I had the same idea. But since I am newer to this whole unrealed thing. You are talking a years time of work. I just cannot work as fast as other more experienced mappers. Also this was a look and make kind of thing so the scale is alittle off but not knoticable outside. ut would be knoticed inside to even newer players/mappers. So re-scaleing the rooms would take even more time. But I can give it a try if you all are willing to wait max of 1 year for the completed map. It may be shorter if my skills in unrealed improve.

Old 9th Jun 2004, 10:34 PM   #7
X22887
!Crap Mapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi
I had the same idea. But since I am newer to this whole unrealed thing. You are talking a years time of work. I just cannot work as fast as other more experienced mappers. Also this was a look and make kind of thing so the scale is alittle off but not knoticable outside. ut would be knoticed inside to even newer players/mappers. So re-scaleing the rooms would take even more time. But I can give it a try if you all are willing to wait max of 1 year for the completed map. It may be shorter if my skills in unrealed improve.

use player models in the actor tree thingy for scaling players are 96ish units tall 16ish units = about a foot ... subtraction brushes are easy tard. if you need brushes to overlap play arround with intersect/disintersect to avoid bsp holes... always snap to grid... screw sleeping for a frew weeks... open up some davidm maps in ed for refrence(he's awesome)
... um ....
yargh 'n stuff
X22887 is offline   Reply With Quote