News • UnrealEd • Files • Mods • FragBU • Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004

Old 11th Apr 2004, 11:53 AM   #1
dub

Headshots

Now this question will make me sound like a n00b, but whatever. I was wondering if anyone knows how UT calculates the headshots....
You see, i was wondering if the Juggernauts have advantages, as the back of their head is completly protected...
Also, the Juggernauts on average are a whole lot bigger than other charachters... does that make them easier to hit then too?
in practice I cant really say if the larger charachters are easier to hit...
I've only ever had issues trying to head shot those 'alien' charachters like Mokara... don't know why, but it seems they are harder to hit.
if all the above is of importance, then i will stick to tinny little charachters
dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2004, 12:24 PM   #2
Devastator
What are YOU looking at?

All characters are supossed to have the same hitzone. The Juggs look smaller and their heads are hidden(looking at their back). Just aim above them(not too much) to get a headshot.
Old 11th Apr 2004, 12:52 PM   #3
shadow_dragon
is ironing his panties!

I have a sneaky suspicion that you can only get a head shot if the damage of the hit actually is enough to kill AND hits them in the head! That might sound stupid, but i believe it's possible to shoot someone in the head with say...... 199 health? and have them survive happily!
Also i've heard rumours of someone with 1 hit point left getting hit by a minigun in the head and the victor getting awarded a headshot! Could be wrong of course! But still, even UT has Urban Myths you know!

Like with the Link gun, "WHATEVER you do, Don't cross the beams!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haarg View Post
what the **** is wrong with you
shadow_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2004, 01:02 PM   #4
spineblaZe
VFX Extraordinaire

*lays the smack down on UT myths*

If you shoot someone in the head with the Lightning gun, it will do them 140 damage. If you shoot someone in the head with a Sniper Rifle, it will do them 120 points of damage. You will only be rewarded with the "HEADSHOT!" announcement if it kills the person.

With that said, no other weapons can get a headshot, nor do any other weapons do more damage to the head. Shooting someone in the head with the Link Gun will kill them just as fast as shooting them in the foot.

Deep within the Spooky Forest, you are attacked by the Wolfman.
Perhaps you can defeat him by kicking him in the nards. That's right. Wolfman's got nards.
spineblaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2004, 01:05 PM   #5
BulletProof
...I wish I was

Quote:
Originally Posted by spineblaZe
*lays the smack down on UT myths*...
With that said, no other weapons can get a headshot, nor do any other weapons do more damage to the head. Shooting someone in the head with the Link Gun will kill them just as fast as shooting them in the foot.
Unless you go back to UT and count the Razor

"“To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.”" - Carlos Castaneda
BulletProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2004, 01:17 PM   #6
shadow_dragon
is ironing his panties!

Heh heh! A headshot with a rocket launcher would be hilarious! Imagine the karma physics off of that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haarg View Post
what the **** is wrong with you
shadow_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2004, 02:58 PM   #7
spineblaZe
VFX Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletProof
Unless you go back to UT and count the Razor
Doh!!! Roger that

*EDIT* Ripper.
spineblaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2004, 03:25 PM   #8
CrazyCougar
CATatonic

Wasn't it called the razorjack in Unreal...

Anyways, I vaguely recall a mutator for UT that had some additional bonuses. Crotchshot... I believe you could use the enforcer to get headshots too? Or perhaps it was just to get crotchshots.
Old 11th Apr 2004, 04:09 PM   #9
wildfrogman

That was a crotchshot mutator/mod thing. Enforcers dont get headshot kills. Now, in UT I remember doing headshots on people with my plasma rifle/ kinda like the link gun. Damage AMP then secondary beam into their head and it explodes~flies off and a headshot....surprised me the first time I did that.