Exporting models from Unreal 2 to UT2003

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ex-OSF

Apr 8, 2004
Hi!

How can export models from Unreal 2 and Deus Ex: Invisible War to UT2003/2004? I have no idea how to do this - there are no .UKX files in game folder, only .UGX and .GEM.

P.S. I have Unreal 2 v829 (first public release, multiplayer not supported).

Last edited:

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
I'm not inclined to tell, but to let you know this process is illegal as you are using copyrighted material from one game to another. There was probably a reason why the formats are different and it is to prevent this.

If the original art source is released for these games, then download those and convert it from there to UT2003. I know that the original art source for UT2003 player models has been released.

ex-OSF

Apr 8, 2004
There was probably a reason why the formats are different and it is to prevent this.
No, I don't think so. Someone already ported Aida from Unreal 2 to UT2003.

I know that the original art source for UT2003 player models has been released.
Yes, it's placed on UT's bonus CD (3rd for UT2003, 6th for UT2004).

If the original art source is released for Unreal 2, where I can find it?

Last edited:

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
They usually announce it somewhere. Polycount is a good example.

No, I don't think so. Someone already ported Aida from Unreal 2 to UT2003.
The process is never impossible, but try contacting the person who did it to find out. You can only do so much to prevent it from happening but you can never stop it. It is like CD copyrighting ... it will never stop it, but it helps to tone down the number who do it, as it is just too much hassle.

ex-OSF

Apr 8, 2004
The process is never impossible, but try contacting the person who did it to find out.
Thanx for the tip, but... There is one little problem... Name of the guy who did it is Anonymous! No e-mail, no homepage address.

Here is extract from his ReadMe:
Unreal 2 Aida for Unreal Tournament 2003

04/30/03
================================================================
Model Name : Aida
Author & Skin Artist : Anonymous tweaked by Gobi
Email Address :
Website URL :

DESCRIPTION
Aida for UT2003.