Warp Zones and .ini files

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bluefunk72

Feb 25, 2004
In this tutorial about Warp Zones: http://udn.epicgames.com/Content/ExampleMapsWarpZones
there's the following:
"Before you start on creating your WarpZones, you will want to make sure that you follow these guidelines

bUseStencil = True Make sure you have this set option in your .ini file set to true. You will need to exit Unreal Ed, go into your system folder open up your yourgam.ini/ file (in a clean build from UDN, that would be the _UW.ini file), search for “UseStencil” and set that value to True. If you don’t know which .ini file to update, ask a programmer."

Now, I have no "_UW.ini" like file in my system folder. I just got these:

Default.ini
DefUnrealEd.ini
DefUser.ini
Manifest.ini
UDNHelpTopics.ini
UE2Runtime.ini
unrealed.ini
UnrealEdTips.ini
User.ini

Which one is the right file to edit?

Thanks

Last edited:

Bluefunk72

Feb 25, 2004
Ok I found a solution: View>Advanced Options>Rendering>Direct3D Support>UseStencil=True. It seems to work in displaying correctly the map :D

Cheers!