News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic > Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting

Old 21st Feb 2004, 12:16 PM   #1
Gundato
Wangosaurus Rex

Completely killing MS Visual Studio?

A while back I installed Microsoft Visual Studio. Unfortunately the debugger pissed me off so much that I had to uninstall it (still looking for a C++ compiler). Well, the Program is gone, but the debugger remains (it asks to debug, nothing loads if you do, it goes away if you don't).

It is starting to really get annoying, so what exactly do I have to do to make the debugger stop?

Sorry for the lack of detail, but I was testing out a friend's copy so I don't have everything.

Against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain. - Freidrich Schiller
Gundato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2004, 01:37 PM   #2
DrKupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_gundam_war
A while back I installed Microsoft Visual Studio. Unfortunately the debugger pissed me off so much that I had to uninstall it (still looking for a C++ compiler). Well, the Program is gone, but the debugger remains (it asks to debug, nothing loads if you do, it goes away if you don't).

It is starting to really get annoying, so what exactly do I have to do to make the debugger stop?

Sorry for the lack of detail, but I was testing out a friend's copy so I don't have everything.
Go to tools in ie. Choose Options. Choose Advanced. Check "Disable Script Debuging". For a good C++ complier get Dev-C++ (freeware)
DrKupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2004, 02:22 PM   #3
Gundato
Wangosaurus Rex

thanks. i will give that compiler a look

Against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain. - Freidrich Schiller
Gundato is offline   Reply With Quote