News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Series > Unreal 2

Closed Thread

Old 13th Feb 2004, 07:45 PM   #1
MJB

Exclamation Unreal2 XMP will not start (error msg)

Hello all,

This is the error message I get when attempting to launch XMP? (with CDROM inserted and all patches applied)

Thanks for any help, Marc

============================

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 804 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200 (5304)

ReadFile beyond EOF 0+4/0

History: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- FUnrealfileSummary<< <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel Intro.unr) <- VerifyPackages <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine:rowse <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:03:03
Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\USER_MJB_20040213165042.log
Old 14th Feb 2004, 12:01 AM   #2
harteman

Patch error

I just bought the unreal 2 SE and patched the xmp to the newest version. when installing the patch i get 2 errors about there being no old file for system\core.dll and system\engine.dll and that no update will be done 2 those files. I downloaded the registry fix, checked to make sure the path was correct and all and still same results. This is very disappointing because i loved the xmp demo and it was the whole reason i bought it! Now i cant play xmp at all. I get this error when i try to run it...

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 1705 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: No Video

Can't find 'intAActorexecKSleep' in 'Engine.dll'

History: UPackage::GetDllExport <- UFunction:ind <- UField::PostLoad <- UStruct::PostLoad <- UFunction::PostLoad <- UObject::ConditionalPostLoad <- (Function Engine.Actor.KSleep) <- PostLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Font HUD_Fonts.EuroExt14 NULL) <- UObjectProperty::ImportText <- (ObjectProperty Engine.PlayerController.MessageFont) <- UObject::LoadConfig <- (PlayerController None) <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class Engine.PlayerController) <- LoadObject <- (Class Engine.PlayerController 130603==130603/2827298 120881 9722) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.Player NULL) <- UEngine::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:03:03
Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\JIM_Harteman_20040214010001.log

And its not cauz of the no video thing either.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Old 14th Feb 2004, 08:46 AM   #3
fireball
Reach out and torch someone

MJB, it looks like one of your files is corrupted. Windows thinks there's less to the file then there actually is. Time to reinstall.
harteman, no core.dll is.. uh.. that's kind of a important file. I'd suggest you uninstall and reinstall from the installer at www.u2xmp.com
Closed Thread