NewsUnrealEdFilesModsFragBULiandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004

Old 13th Feb 2004, 02:21 AM   #1
Sparky
Retired Administrator

Exclamation Did you know this?

Most people don't realise you can actually press the use button on a power node you own and use it to teleport to another node you own. I was a n00b up until 2 minutes ago when I gave ONS a really good workout.

You guys must start using this .
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2004, 02:40 AM   #2
The Trasher
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START

I think the "Press E to teleport to another node" message in rather large letters when I walked onto the funny glowing thing kinda gave it away for me.
Old 13th Feb 2004, 02:50 AM   #3
OO7MIKE
Mr. Sexy

LOL, everyone is a noob. Tons of "new" stuff just got released.

For example.... What the hell is this: RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice

There are entries for both RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice and the one with the 9 in it. DX9 features?

Why are there .int files in your system folder for maps that are not included in the demo?

Interesting that the Text to voice feature (thats disabled by default) uses windows text to speech. I guess thats one feature that doesn't work on linux/Mac.

Who knows....we are still noobs.
Old 13th Feb 2004, 03:53 AM   #4
-Worlock-

LOL, I didn't know that either Sparky, that makes things a lot easier
-Worlock- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2004, 04:55 AM   #5
ShortCutMan

I eventually saw the text that appears and started using that tactic when no vechicles were around.

And OO7MIKE, Mac has its own voice software stuff, so maybe they might be using that.
ShortCutMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2004, 08:09 AM   #6
Loibisch
The Odd Member

Yeah I've seen that, too...very handy. Actually if you don't set the spawn menu to "never open again" you can hcoose your spawning node after each death.

Also, the DX9 Renderer is referenced, but not included in the demo. Same goes for all those .int files for the maps.

[Ci]Loibisch - Site/Forum admin and attacker of clan Carpe Imperium
Loibisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2004, 09:15 AM   #7
TWD
Cute and Cuddly

Another thing regarding this you might not know. The node in your main base is considered your power core. Stand on top of it and hit use and you can use that to teleport to other nodes too
Old 13th Feb 2004, 09:30 AM   #8
WebSlinger
bNotNegative != False

Thx TWD... I was just wondering whether or not you could teleport out of your own base
Old 13th Feb 2004, 12:10 PM   #9
BulletProof
...I wish I was

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlinger
Thx TWD... I was just wondering whether or not you could teleport out of your own base
same here

"“To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.”" - Carlos Castaneda
BulletProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2004, 01:12 PM   #10
thewalkingman
ssssssssssss bugger!

yea "use" it when you respawn at the lower middle node and need to get back up on top to grab Raptor.

Only IPv6 enabled browsers can see my posts
thewalkingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2004, 07:09 PM   #11
DDRRE
Flesh is a design flaw.

Laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OO7MIKE
LOL, everyone is a noob. Tons of "new" stuff just got released.

For example.... What the hell is this: RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice

There are entries for both RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice and the one with the 9 in it. DX9 features?

Why are there .int files in your system folder for maps that are not included in the demo?

Interesting that the Text to voice feature (thats disabled by default) uses windows text to speech. I guess thats one feature that doesn't work on linux/Mac.

Who knows....we are still noobs.
D3D works, D3D9's file doesn't exist yet, I guess Atari and Epic are still building the D3D9Drv.dll
BuF thread | Epic Games forum thread
DDRRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2004, 11:47 PM   #12
OO7MIKE
Mr. Sexy

I have another one for ya!!

The absolute fastest way to destroy a node control point is to use your primary flak fire. Get real close. Its a lot more faster than any other weapon. Make sure you get as much flak hitting that centerpoint as you can. Woo baby its quite a bit faster than other methods. Even using the tank on it.
Old 13th Feb 2004, 11:59 PM   #13
MachDelta
Haphazard Nobody

Just a comment on the nodes... you can actually shoot them (and heal them) in two places. One is the actual floating X thingy everyone goes for, and the other is the actual base that sits on the ground. Its a LOT easier to walk up point blank and fill the base full of flak than try and hit that stupid floating thingy. You can also hit the base with Flak secondary a LOT easier, and its simpler to do shock combos right overtop of it. Hell, its easier to shoot the base with anything when you're standing on of it
Old 14th Feb 2004, 03:08 AM   #14
OO7MIKE
Mr. Sexy

Excellent.
I hadn't thought of that.

I have noticed that players are getting really good online. It no longer feels like I'm playing with a bunch of 12 year olds...... well until they use voice chat and keep saying "hello??? can anyone hear me?"
Old 15th Feb 2004, 07:50 PM   #15
Hedge
Wish I was with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by OO7MIKE
I have another one for ya!!

The absolute fastest way to destroy a node control point is to use your primary flak fire. Get real close. Its a lot more faster than any other weapon. Make sure you get as much flak hitting that centerpoint as you can. Woo baby its quite a bit faster than other methods. Even using the tank on it.
I found that the greande launcher (or which ever weapon it is that lets you set bombs on the ground and then remotely detonate them is) works even faster. But the very fastest is to have your entire team pick up the redeemer...

The end result: a listless, sludgy slog through a knee-deep slush puddle of suckiness.
Hedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2004, 07:54 PM   #16
JohnnyUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD
Another thing regarding this you might not know. The node in your main base is considered your power core. Stand on top of it and hit use and you can use that to teleport to other nodes too
well, ****.. many a time I've ran half way across the map due to lack of vehicles in the main base x.x;;

Thanks for that one, I shall use that to its fullest extent =P
JohnnyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2004, 08:41 PM   #17
enfestid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trasher
I think the "Press E to teleport to another node" message in rather large letters when I walked onto the funny glowing thing kinda gave it away for me.
LMAO
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2004, 12:53 AM   #18
OO7MIKE
Mr. Sexy

--You can also jump on top of your reactor core to teleport to your other nodes....unless you like running to the first node.

--If you use the static fire weapon on that buggy...you do not have to hold it down for a more powerfull charge. Fire as fast as you can...it has the same amount of damage.

--dont even try to make your mines crawl up a steep hill...they will blow up everytime.

--If your in a tank and you grab the damage amp and then crawl back in....both you and your machine gunner gets quad damage. Must be a bug....but it's a good one.

--If your low on health and your fighting a one on one next to a node... jump into the Energy Mech and enjoy the benifit of 400 health points and increased damage.

It sounds simple enough...but I have spectated for 3 hours today watching hundreds of different players play...and I never saw one person do it. I tell you its like yelling at the TV screen when you watch a sports game.
"whats the matter with you! Strafe over there damn it!!!!"