News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > BDB > BDB

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th Feb 2004, 12:54 PM   #1
marauder2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb. 12th, 2004
Posts: 8
BDBMapVote & XMaps UT (1)

I run a server, it works. Use BDBMapVote3.04 to change maps, works too. Start the server with CTFM (4 team CTF), works OK, but when voted to a 2 team game, i can't get 4 team CTF back, just runs it with 2 teams. When i use XMaps it works OK but BDBMapVote won't work anymore. Is there a way to solve this, i would like to use XMaps in case of need, but want BDBMapVote to change gamemodes.
marauder2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2004, 05:58 PM   #2
BDB
Registered User
 
BDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May. 9th, 2000
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 398
No, Mapvote will not work with XMaps, sorry.

I don't understand about the 2 team and 4 team games.
How did you setup CTFM to play 2 and 4 team games ?
__________________
BDB
http://www.planetunreal.com/BDBUnreal
BDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2004, 04:13 AM   #3
marauder2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb. 12th, 2004
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDB
I don't understand about the 2 team and 4 team games.
How did you setup CTFM to play 2 and 4 team games ?
I start the server with CTFM and it starts with 4 teams, just like it should. When i vote for a CTF or DOM or DM, whatever, it switches to 2 teams, like it should. After that, when i vote for a CTFM map, there still are only 2 teams while there should be 4 teams.

UnrealTournament.ini is configed OK for all game-modes.

Last edited by marauder2003; 13th Feb 2004 at 04:14 AM.
marauder2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2004, 12:23 PM   #4
BDB
Registered User
 
BDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May. 9th, 2000
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 398
Oh, right.
The reason is that the CTFM maps are misinterpretted as CTF maps because
the map name prefix is the same - "CTF".
Try changing the PreFixSwap setting in the ini to "MCTF" or "4CTF".
I think that will fix it.
__________________
BDB
http://www.planetunreal.com/BDBUnreal
BDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2004, 01:48 PM   #5
marauder2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb. 12th, 2004
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDB
Oh, right.
The reason is that the CTFM maps are misinterpretted as CTF maps because
the map name prefix is the same - "CTF".
Try changing the PreFixSwap setting in the ini to "MCTF" or "4CTF".
I think that will fix it.
I have not tried it yet but i remembered a warning in my server-log. It was like this :

Warning: Failed to load 'MCTF-Gharden.unr': Can't find file 'MCTF-Gharden.unr'

It's strange because the level is called and named CTFM-Gharden, but BDBMapVote tries to load MCTF-Gharden.

How do i use the PreFixSwap= in the .ini, it isn't well documented, it only says what it does but not how to define it. Must i use : PreFixSwap=CTFM,MCTF or works it in an other way.

Can i place more than one OtherClass in the .ini , and if yes, how do i do that. I want to use MultiTeamCTF, Jailbreak & Monsterhunt.

Last edited by marauder2003; 13th Feb 2004 at 02:02 PM.
marauder2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2004, 02:39 PM   #6
BDB
Registered User
 
BDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May. 9th, 2000
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by marauder2003
I have not tried it yet but i remembered a warning in my server-log. It was like this :

Warning: Failed to load 'MCTF-Gharden.unr': Can't find file 'MCTF-Gharden.unr'

It's strange because the level is called and named CTFM-Gharden, but BDBMapVote tries to load MCTF-Gharden.

How do i use the PreFixSwap= in the .ini, it isn't well documented, it only says what it does but not how to define it. Must i use : PreFixSwap=CTFM,MCTF or works it in an other way.

Can i place more than one OtherClass in the .ini , and if yes, how do i do that. I want to use MultiTeamCTF, Jailbreak & Monsterhunt.
1. If you set PreFixSwap to MCTF then when it displays the map name "CTFM-Gharden" it will actually display as "MCTF-Gharden".
If this map wins the vote then the server will switch to "CTFM-Gharden" with the MCTF game type instead of the CTF game type.

2. PreFixSwap can only be set to one value not multiples.
example:
PreFixSwap=MCTF

3. No, with this version of MapVote you can only have 1 custom game type.
Sorry.
Upgrade to UT2003 and use MapVote4.00b11 if you want to do this.
__________________
BDB
http://www.planetunreal.com/BDBUnreal
BDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2004, 05:31 AM   #7
marauder2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb. 12th, 2004
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDB
Upgrade to UT2003 and use MapVote4.00b11 if you want to do this.
Nah, tried it, played it, but UT is much much better.

Thanks for the help, i will try it right now.
marauder2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2004, 03:36 AM   #8
Bonehed316
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct. 15th, 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 208
i made a version of mapvote that has 8 buttons on the client window that allow the user to vote for a set of mutators. each button can be renamed to anything (though not in game yet, will add that one day). There are no bugs, at least none that im aware of. youre welcome to use it. let me konw if you find any bugs. im not sure if it will do what you want it to do, but who knows.

http://www.nightstormer.com/bonehed316/x3dfxMapVote.zip
Bonehed316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2004, 06:17 AM   #9
marauder2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb. 12th, 2004
Posts: 8
I have tried with the new settings but now i have all CTF and CTFM maps double in the mapvote-list as MCTF and MCTFM maps. Think i'm gonna try the x3dfxMapVote i've downloaded right now, thanx for the link, i'll post back to show the outcome of the changes.
marauder2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2004, 04:01 PM   #10
BDB
Registered User
 
BDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May. 9th, 2000
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 398
Post your configuration, you must have something wrong.
I know this works.
__________________
BDB
http://www.planetunreal.com/BDBUnreal
BDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer