News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > Mapping

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th Feb 2004, 08:01 PM   #1
Master Roshi
Troll
 
Master Roshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 19th, 2003
Location: P.A. United states
Posts: 796
Question Mapping Tutorials???

HI have been looking for tutorials to help with the elevators but I am having no luck. Does anyone know any good ones that are still active / online? Most of the ones I can find are for Unrealed 3.0 but I am useing unrealed 2.0.
__________________
Get my deathmatch "maps" here.


Master Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2004, 07:56 AM   #2
pphant00m
All Out Fairy Tale leveldesigner
 
pphant00m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 23rd, 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi
HI have been looking for tutorials to help with the elevators but I am having no luck. Does anyone know any good ones that are still active / online? Most of the ones I can find are for Unrealed 3.0 but I am useing unrealed 2.0.
Yeah..sure

http://www.leveldesigner.com/index.php?action=cat&ID=9

Darn...only a door tutorial.(However this is almost the same but then up and down instead of left 2 right



Good Luck !

Last edited by pphant00m; 10th Feb 2004 at 07:58 AM.
pphant00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2004, 12:18 PM   #3
Fordy
Masterful
 
Fordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 10th, 2001
Location: York, UK
Posts: 299
Try this:

http://www.blacksway.net/unreal/

and this

http://www.birrabrothers.com/drac/dmain.asp (moving hosts at the mo)

failing those go get the compiled help file :

http://www.planetunreal.com/fordy/unreed.htm

Very handy for UT 1 & 2 editing
__________________
Fordy

www.planetunreal.com/fordy

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2004, 07:39 PM   #4
Go&nd
Meow
 
Join Date: Jul. 3rd, 2002
Posts: 195
Hey Fordy: I was just at your site!

Lots of cool stuff there, but I'm finding half the links and downloads on the site appear to be dead. Is this just temporary?

Specifically,I've tried downloading both the UnrealEd reference to which you refer in your post and the "Creating UT Brushes in Max" video.

Both take me to fileplanet but list the files as no longer available.

I don't mean to whine, but I'd love to see these resources back.

Thanks.
Go&nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2004, 05:02 PM   #5
Fordy
Masterful
 
Fordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 10th, 2001
Location: York, UK
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go&nd
Hey Fordy: I was just at your site!

Lots of cool stuff there, but I'm finding half the links and downloads on the site appear to be dead. Is this just temporary?

Specifically,I've tried downloading both the UnrealEd reference to which you refer in your post and the "Creating UT Brushes in Max" video.

Both take me to fileplanet but list the files as no longer available.

I don't mean to whine, but I'd love to see these resources back.

Thanks.
Hi Go&nd

Its probably file planet, it never was my choice of file servers. Iv checked the UnrealEd ref & the Creating UT Brushes in Max vid, all are ok here.

If it comes up file or page not found, just hit refresh, that usually cures it.

As for the other links, unfortunatley some people move on & take their sites down but I leave the links up there in the hope they may come back (I keep checking them from time to time)

Anyway if its video tutorials your after go to www.3dbuzz.com & get some of those, they dont come any better!
__________________
Fordy

www.planetunreal.com/fordy


Last edited by Fordy; 11th Feb 2004 at 05:07 PM.
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2004, 06:40 PM   #6
Go&nd
Meow
 
Join Date: Jul. 3rd, 2002
Posts: 195
Hey Fordy! Thank you for the response.

Sure enough, I just went back to the same links today and they worked. Go figure.

Thanks, and btw, great site!

And thank you for pointing me towards 3D Buzz. I'd heard of that whole project but I hadn't delved into it yet. Wow -- they've really put a lot of work into that stuff.

Makes us aspiring modders feel like our only limitations are talent and laziness.
Go&nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2004, 11:15 PM   #7
Kyouryuu
*roar!*
 
Kyouryuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec. 17th, 2003
Location: Kirkland, Washington
Posts: 244
Elevators are made in UT essentially the same way as they are in UT2K3. The only difference is that in UT, you'll generally use a mover brush, whereas in UT2K3 it's typically a mover static mesh.

The general principle is the same, however.

Create a cutter in the shape of your mover and move it to where you want it to be by default. Then, right-click on the Add Mover Brush button and select ElevatorMover. Once the brush is created, you can right click on it and, under Mover properties, select Key 1. Now move the brush to where you want it to end up after it moves. If you go to Mover properties now and select Key 0, it should revert back to its previous position. You've created a very simple lift!
__________________
- Kyouryuu
- http://kyouryuu.furvect.com
- Check out CTF-Torinosu for UT2004. Now version 2.0!
Kyouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2004, 04:57 PM   #8
CyberSirius
Mostly dead.
 
CyberSirius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 4th, 2004
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
Hi Go&nd

Its probably file planet, it never was my choice of file servers. Iv checked the UnrealEd ref & the Creating UT Brushes in Max vid, all are ok here.

If it comes up file or page not found, just hit refresh, that usually cures it.

As for the other links, unfortunatley some people move on & take their sites down but I leave the links up there in the hope they may come back (I keep checking them from time to time)

Anyway if its video tutorials your after go to www.3dbuzz.com & get some of those, they dont come any better!
For me: Still not work
CyberSirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2004, 06:04 AM   #9
Fordy
Masterful
 
Fordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 10th, 2001
Location: York, UK
Posts: 299
What is it your after cyberSirius, if its not too big perhaps I could mail it to you ?
__________________
Fordy

www.planetunreal.com/fordy

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer