I hate you too Best Buy!! :mad:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
So they took down the UT2004 sign and replaced it with a stupid Battlefield 1942: Vietnam poster :mad: I hate you guys too!!! :(

:lol: :D :p

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
Hmm, UT2003 is dead to the gaming world, while BF1942 is IT as the alternative to CounterStrike. Sounds like a legit marketing move to me. But I'd also appreciate the poster ;)

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
All the employees at BB ar morons!

Where did you say you worked again, Brizz?

:D

Thrawn70 said:
Hmm, UT2003 is dead to the gaming world....

*sigh* Sad but true. I was reading a gaming magazine last night (was it Game Insider? I can't even remember the names of my own subscriptions. I'm getting old!). They were talking about all the great games that are coming out in the next few months, and listed Halo 2, Half-Life 2, etc, etc. Listed about 10 games in all, and not one of them was UT2k4. To me it showed just how little esteem the UT series now holds.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Renegade Retard said:
All the employees at BB ar morons!

Roger that.

Whenever I ask about games at BB, the skinny semi-messy-spikey-gell haired punk that works there always gives me the "at-ti-tude" when I've got a question about a space shooter.

But they're better than the guy that works at Game Spot, he acts like everyone is a cockroach. If you ask him something, you get a barely audible hiss as he looks up from his magazine...

teens....as if a smile would kill them....:shake:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
lol @ Han

Man I want to work at a game store. I was at one right before Christmas and some woman was looking for a gift for her son. She said he liked two different games and she was looking for a similar one to both of those. The girl who was working recommended some game they had 110000000 copies of - NFSU. I was like, "Um, this game" (I can't remember which one it was now) " is so much more what you are looking for." The salesperson was like "Oh, yes, right that would be much better." :rolleyes: Bah!

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
You mean that really cool huge UT2004 sign hung up high for everyone in the store to see?! At all the BestBuy stores? Why not just hang another one? Bastards....:(

[MUTTS] Hiteche5

Rodney-like
Jun 15, 2000
Groton, Connecticut....again
Visit site
Be happy you got a Best Buy. There is none in Hawaii. In fact the only gaming stores we have is Gamespot. And those guys don't know crap. The only thing they advertise here is FFXI. Can some one at least take a pic and post it here of that poster. I never saw a Unreal poster.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
lol I work at Best Buy. We get a good deal on accessories! I can get a $26 USB cable for $1.25 and a $60 USB hub for $25.

as for how they treat their employees...well I can only speak for my store, and some of the managers are idiots. I'll put it that way.

I'm actively trying to find a different job.

becoming i

Registered abUser
Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
My Best Buy issue:

Whenever I go into the store an associate approaches me and asks "Are you finding everything you are looking for today?". I have no problem with that at all, but it is the follow up statement that I have an issue with. Usually goes a little something like this....."We don't work on commission, so feel free to ask me anything." What the H-E-double hockey sticks is that all about? I don't understand what their pay has to do with my finding Nirvana: Unplugged in New York on DVD. Just a little too much information ;) .

*shrugs*

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
becoming i said:
My Best Buy issue:

Whenever I go into the store an associate approaches me and asks "Are you finding everything you are looking for today?". I have no problem with that at all, but it is the follow up statement that I have an issue with. Usually goes a little something like this....."We don't work on commission, so feel free to ask me anything." What the H-E-double hockey sticks is that all about? I don't understand what their pay has to do with my finding Nirvana: Unplugged in New York on DVD. Just a little too much information ;) .

*shrugs*

because most people don't want to talk to us because they think we will try to push expensive high margin items to get commission. we normally won't.

however, some of the stores, apparently, force stuff on their customers. like selling a computer and telling them that whther they like it or not they are getting 6 months of MSN free (all we need is your credit card, right? :rolleyes: ) Because of this, I'm | | this cloe to quitting. Our new sales manager is TELLING US to say this to our customers and my whole department is pissed.

becoming i

Registered abUser
Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
Sir_Brizz said:
because most people don't want to talk to us because they think we will try to push expensive high margin items to get commission. we normally won't.

I completely understand what you are saying.

However, there are ways to convey the same point without thowing tack out the window. They all sound like robots, no matter who I talk to in the store they say the same thing. A salesman needs to know how to size a customer up and shmooze them accordingly. I couldn't handle acting like I have a pre-rehersed selling pitch in my pocket.

That said, I don't blame you for wanting to quit. As soon as management starts controlling employees like they are trying with you, it is time to move on. Good luck finding a new job! :)

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
There's a new gaming store where I live now, gamestop or somethin like that. Goodbye crappy target/fred myer prices and selection. I no longer have to drive all the way to layton for my gaming needs!1

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Thrawn70 said:
See, I wasn't hoping to get into sales, but more like their hardware / upgrade service. Dead computers don't talk back. :D

The customers that own them do. I think the tech service is worse than the sales team.

As far as sounding like robots, you must have been in a store that is doing poorly because they are training their employees that way. I rarely tell people I'm on commission, because just chatting about the right printer to buy most people aren't uncomfortable. Before closing the sale I always make sure I've mentioned it, but I never like flat out say "Hello I'm not on commission so ask me what you'd like" that just sounds dumb.

And Sek...SHHHH :p

Right now I have a second job doing phone support for tax software. It's a better job, and I make more money, I just don't know if I'll still be on after tax season is over. If so, good bye best buy. Or if this guy gets out of control I won't care.