News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Reviews > Nali City > Nali City - General Forums > Other Stuff

Old 30th Jan 2004, 09:24 PM   #1
oosyxxx
teh3vilspa7ula

Question "Dude, let's party!"

How do you define "party"? Is it a noun or a verb? What are the necessary ingredients? What can't be included? My understanding of a party or partying has changed throughout my life. It used to be getting together to celebrate a special occasion with friends, family and/or acquaintences, but now it means friends getting together and getting wasted and listening to music, watching videos, playing video games or just shooting the **** and laughing. Sometimes, people get together just to get wasted, and the others are really only present to make everyone think they're all not alcoholics.

Last edited by oosyxxx; 30th Jan 2004 at 09:26 PM.
oosyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2004, 10:20 PM   #2
DigitalW
I see you...

Ok, like...uh, crap, I can't type......beer. What was the question? Head's spinning, waiting for pizza. oosyxx sux...hehehe.....................

/me wipes hand across head thinking of something to type....drunk...er....sh1t...

go oosyxx, go 00syxx.....

maybe I should check out IrC.,.,.,

Quote: roshis mammas so fat, she couldnt get the bent coathanger far enough up to perform the abortion that would have saved us all having to read this crap. Darth_Weasel
DigitalW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2004, 12:05 AM   #3
OO7MIKE
Mr. Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosyxxx
How do you define "party"? Is it a noun or a verb? What are the necessary ingredients? What can't be included? My understanding of a party or partying has changed throughout my life. It used to be getting together to celebrate a special occasion with friends, family and/or acquaintences, but now it means friends getting together and getting wasted and listening to music, watching videos, playing video games or just shooting the **** and laughing. Sometimes, people get together just to get wasted, and the others are really only present to make everyone think they're all not alcoholics.

I think the embracing of scotlands culture in america has bastardized most social events into what is known to day as "being sh!t faced"

Once made a hight of a rock concert was the "surfer" now happens 1-2 min at the start of the show.

Once a catholic event called All hollows eve turned from honoring the dead to a total dress up and puke event. Yep, its all because someone desided to combine two days into one.

Come to think of it...i blame the scotts for most of our drinking habbits so popular. I mean, come on.... That sh!t doesnt taste good at all.
Old 31st Jan 2004, 12:41 AM   #4
BangOut
...smells like groin.

i think around 10th grade, i realized that even with some socially inept tendencies, there was a party wherever i went... being the class clown is like being an atom with party electrons swirling around you... Alcohol, then, would be a nuclear reaction on said system

<Robust> anyone know the latest patch number for ut2k3?
<NiNo> UT2k4

<OO7MIKE_> the topic that just keeps on growing.....like a summers morning erection while you lay next to your school teacher
BangOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2004, 12:59 AM   #5
oosyxxx
teh3vilspa7ula

Laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangOut
i think around 10th grade, i realized that even with some socially inept tendencies, there was a party wherever i went... being the class clown is like being an atom with party electrons swirling around you... Alcohol, then, would be a nuclear reaction on said system
LOL! I guess that about wraps the thread up then. Inquiry satisfied!
Old 31st Jan 2004, 04:13 AM   #6
darth_weasel
I won

party = friends, people you know but arent friends with, and people you dont know, thrown into a big stew with alcohol. lots of alcohol. it needs not have a purpose, for the parties purpose is only to party, hence it fulfills itself. mmm.
darth_weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2004, 07:21 AM   #7
Balton
The Beast of Worship

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangOut
yeah! I guess that's it.

"God made Hitler and Saddam!!! Not schnitzel and the bomb!!!"
- oosyxxx
Balton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2004, 07:52 AM   #8
Skorch
Banned

Come to think of it...i blame the scotts for most of our drinking habbits so popular. I mean, come on.... That sh!t doesnt taste good at all.

I'm primarily Scott (with some Welsh/German/Norwegian thrown in just for fun...) and I'll take that as a compliment, thank you!
Skorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2004, 07:54 AM   #9
Rukee
Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!

at my age....
..any day you`re still around, it`s a party.

My car ownz you!!
Restoration pictures password is 'GTO'
Rukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2004, 10:50 AM   #10
Balton
The Beast of Worship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorch

I'm primarily Scott (with some Welsh/German/Norwegian thrown in just for fun...) and I'll take that as a compliment, thank you!
ammayhem is wrong about heavy drinking being derived from the scots only.
Ever been to the oktoberfest? It's the beer holocaust.
And then we germans generally have a much easier relationship to alcohol... like the rest of europe too.

- oosyxxx
Old 31st Jan 2004, 11:59 AM   #11
OO7MIKE
Mr. Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balton
ammayhem is wrong about heavy drinking being derived from the scots only.
Ever been to the oktoberfest? It's the beer holocaust.
And then we germans generally have a much easier relationship to alcohol... like the rest of europe too.

If you could put an instance of heavy socially accepted drinking to a society back in the 16th century...than thats ok....but as far as I know, the scotts where the leading examples.
Old 31st Jan 2004, 12:05 PM   #12
darth_weasel
I won

one t in scots. were scots from scotland, not scotts from scottland

*busts open another brew to keep up the national reputation*
darth_weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2004, 12:15 PM   #13
Balton
The Beast of Worship

Quote:
Originally Posted by OO7MIKE
If you could put an instance of heavy socially accepted drinking to a society back in the 16th century...than thats ok....but as far as I know, the scotts where the leading examples.
just look at the alcohol culture in europe. it's not a recent development either.
Just look at the ancient germans who battled the romans. "Met"(honey wine) drinking tree huggers who beat the italians.
the wine culture derived from greeks/italians. etc.
the pub/tavernas from all over the place etc.

- oosyxxx
Old 31st Jan 2004, 03:18 PM   #14
oosyxxx
teh3vilspa7ula

Well, I partied last night. I had half a 40 of O.E. High Gravity ("Take a pull from the pull!" -- that'd be the slogan were I in charge of the advertising campaign) and watched Kill Bill with my roommate. He didn't drink anything. It was a nice time, despite the lack of streamers, puke and confetti.