News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > UnrealEngine2 Runtime > General Discussion

Old 29th Jan 2004, 12:21 PM   #1
patrickrho

UE2RT 2004 version

I've heard that there would be another version of RT when UT2004 actually comes out..
Is it going to be based off UT2004?? and how different is it going to be compared to the runtime we have right now??

I'm donig a school project and its a six month project. I would like to intergrate RT into my project.

Should I wait for the new version to come out and then start? cuz if the new ones much better, I would definitely want to use the other version.
patrickrho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2004, 01:05 PM   #2
Wormbo

The UnrealEngine2 Runtime has nothing to do with UT200x, except that they use the same engine, so it won't be "based off" UT2004.
The runtime will stay the runtime and already has newer engine features than UT2003 has. Any newer versions of the runtime will of course include all the new engine features Epic and licensees came up with and implemented in the stock UnealEngine2.
<TNSe> nono
<TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
<Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
<Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
Wormbo is offline   Reply With Quote