Old 30th Nov 2003, 04:07 AM   #1
das_ben
Concerned.

NIN - Bleedthrough.

Quote:
Nine Inch Nails.
Title: Bleedthrough (Nothing).
Expect it: "Soon."

"The record explores loss and possible discovery of self," says Trent Reznor about the follow-up to 1999's The Fragile, "along with alternate layers of reality and perception set inside a nightmare you can't seem to wake up from; with lots of feedback." Reznor has enlisted Atticus Ross, Jerome Dillon, Leo Herrera, mix engineer Rich Costey and Rick Rubin to help mold bleedthrough, which will feature new songs such as "The Line Begins To Blur," "Everyday Is Exactly The Same" and "My Dead Friend." This time out, Reznor is introducing high-tech to low-life. "Computers, among other things, are ruining music these days," he says. "I hate the Pro Tooled sound of perfection and everything being 'fixed.' This record is most definitely 'un-fixed.'" And when it comes to touring behind the release, T. Rez is planning on reinventing the will. "It won't be the last tour over again. That person isn't here anymore."
I don't like the sound of 'computers are ruining music these days', but let's see how it turns out.
Old 30th Nov 2003, 04:37 AM   #2
phil
OH GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by -reaper-
I don't like the sound of 'computers are ruining music these days', but let's see how it turns out.

Have you ever mixed (really that is) music using professional programs? Its so easy to fix mistakes that music loses some of its character by being.....well tooo perfect and overly mixed. Sometimes its good to let a mistake through just like in life its the mistakes that give us character (and the really cool scar to show the chicks at the bar). Needless to say, I get his point.
"I leave Sisyphus at the foot of the mountain. One always finds one's burden again. But Sisyphus teaches the higher fidelity that negates the gods and raises rocks. He too concludes that all is well. This universe henceforth without a master seems to him neither sterile nor futile. Each atom of that stone, each mineral flake of that night-filled mountain, in itself, forms a world. The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy."
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2003, 04:48 AM   #3
das_ben
Concerned.

No I haven't. My point is that there's plenty of very good music that's mixed very 'clean'.
Old 30th Nov 2003, 11:03 AM   #4
Thrash123
Obey Leash Laws

There is a way to overdo it with computers. I'm really excited about this new album; Give me as pure a recording as possible with Industrial music.
Old 30th Nov 2003, 12:45 PM   #5
Tapeworm

I can see where he's coming from with this new album, if everyone recalls his last official release was the Still CD, which i thought was just absolutely beautiful. The more organic style of his music (by organic i mean it was mainly piano music with a few other instruments, no distorted beats or guitars thrashing about) is probably the direction he's going in now i suspect. Either ways i'm anticipating his new album just for a chance to catch them on tour this time round.

I'm guessing i'll want to be seated for this rather than stood in the pit though, i doubt he's going to be playing march of the pigs anymore
Old 30th Nov 2003, 12:54 PM   #6
TomWithTheWeather
Die Paper Robots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zd_Tapeworm_
I can see where he's coming from with this new album, if everyone recalls his last official release was the Still CD, which i thought was just absolutely beautiful.
Agreed. I really love the more recent "organic" style he has been doing. Still and Fragile were great. I'd love to hear more like it.
Old 30th Nov 2003, 01:49 PM   #7
KJAX
Gamer 4 Life

Oh hell yeah! Let this album be released as soon as possible.

And I do get this point about music sounding too perfect. Nothing has captured the raw beauty of music since the Hendrix version of Star Spangled Banner.

The Blog: Intellectual Intercourse
The Video Game Collection...so far
The Wish List

Now Playing: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) | Mass Effect 3 (PC) | Final Fantasy XI (PC)
KJAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2003, 03:50 PM   #8
tool
BuFs #1 mom

I have been wondering if NIN would ever release a new album. I am a huge fan of NIN so I cant wait for this release. It is good to hear that they are in fact working on a new album. Finally something very good coming out in a age where new music is just plain crap and we get maybe one or two seriously good albums a year out of the hundreds of albums that come out.
tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2003, 04:08 PM   #9
Balton
The Beast of Worship

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool
I have been wondering if NIN would ever release a new album. I am a huge fan of NIN so I cant wait for this release. It is good to hear that they are in fact working on a new album. Finally something very good coming out in a age where new music is just plain crap and we get maybe one or two seriously good albums a year out of the hundreds of albums that come out.
I've already had more than just 2 good albums this year. I think you simply pay too much attention to the crowd pleasing music biz.
I really really hope that trent delivers a next masterpiece!

"God made Hitler and Saddam!!! Not schnitzel and the bomb!!!"
- oosyxxx
Balton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2003, 06:10 PM   #10
BobCobb
Society is a leech on me!

If this is anything like Fragile and Still, this album should be awesome. I loved the piano in Fragile and Still, it felt so good.
BobCobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2003, 06:39 PM   #11
Tapeworm

I still say Leaving Hope is the best thing Trent Reznor ever did, the first 2 minutes of that song = amazing compositional skills.

/me love Trent long time
Old 30th Nov 2003, 08:51 PM   #12
TossMonkey
brown bread?

Not really kept up with NIN since downward spiral, I might check out some of their latest stuff.

PSN: Fifth-Elephant
Quakelive: FifthElephant
no good reason
TossMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2003, 12:25 AM   #13
Twisted Metal
Anfractuous Aluminum

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
Have you ever mixed (really that is) music using professional programs? Its so easy to fix mistakes that music loses some of its character by being.....well tooo perfect and overly mixed. Sometimes its good to let a mistake through just like in life its the mistakes that give us character (and the really cool scar to show the chicks at the bar). Needless to say, I get his point.

Like Led Zeppelin, 100% pure music nothing artificial. Even has mistakes. And still one of the best bands EVAR!
Twisted Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2003, 02:45 AM   #14
PsychoMoggieBagpuss
Gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool
They?

Dude, last time I checked Trent Reznor is NIN and does it all himself.
The NIN "band" that he tours with don't have any input into the album - they just play what he tells them after he has written, composed, recorded and then released the album.
Thats why "they" sound so different live (still sound very good though )
Old 1st Dec 2003, 05:06 AM   #15
das_ben
Concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zd_Tapeworm_
I still say Leaving Hope is the best thing Trent Reznor ever did, the first 2 minutes of that song = amazing compositional skills.
Word. Some songs of 'Still' were really impressive, I didn't really expect something like that from Reznor.
Old 1st Dec 2003, 10:14 AM   #16
Tapeworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoMoggieBagpuss
They?

Dude, last time I checked Trent Reznor is NIN and does it all himself.
The NIN "band" that he tours with don't have any input into the album - they just play what he tells them after he has written, composed, recorded and then released the album.
Thats why "they" sound so different live (still sound very good though )

Even though Trent writes and records most of the songs, you'd be surprised how much you hear on the albums is actually other people he's brought in as session musicians. If you look at the credits in the booklets you get with all the albums, you'll see most stuff not played by Trent is played by flood, that is Charlie Clouser, Robin Finck and Jerome Dillon etc (basically everyone who plays with him live). But as far as i know, on the Fragile, not one song was recorded by Trent alone, there was always someone providing a drum track or guitars etc.

Although not to take any credit away from him, as far as i know when he was recording The Downward Spiral, he took the drumkit into every room of the house and recorded for example the bass drum or snare drum merely for the slightly differing acoustics. That's H4R|>C0R3!!11!

Anyways, is anyone up-to-date with the current live NIN setup? As far as i know Charlie Clouser and Robin Finck no longer play with Trent live anymore (i forget the reasons) although they still contribute in the studio etc.
Old 1st Dec 2003, 12:18 PM   #17
Tapeworm

I made a whoopsie, flood is a producer, not the live NIN band.

Either ways, they still play on the albums a fair bit