News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > UnrealEngine2 Runtime > Programming

Old 21st Oct 2003, 03:14 PM   #1
sheepsteak

Beginner help

There are a couple of things I need to know before I can start messing around with the U2R. I can't seem to get my HelloWorld mutator working. I've only played with mutators in UT2003 and I was able to select it from the main menu in that so there was no problem. I've tried using "EM_Runtime?=MutHelloWorld.HelloWorld" as a command line but it starts the map and doesn't use the mutator.

Also I can't seem to get the console working, I tried using "Tab=Console" in the User.ini but I've had no luck. Could someone help me with these problems, please?
sheepsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Oct 2003, 04:05 PM   #2
Vito

The console drops down with the ` (tilde) key. I believe it's hardcoded. And EM_Runtime?mutator=MutHelloWorld.HelloWorld might work. We didn't test mutator functionality, though. Might not.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Oct 2003, 04:40 PM   #3
Wormbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepsteak
Also I can't seem to get the console working, I tried using "Tab=Console" in the User.ini but I've had no luck. Could someone help me with these problems, please?
Try the ConsoleToggle or ConsoleOpen commands. They will only work for opening the console, though. For real toggleing throug ha key you'll have to change the keycode in [Engine.Console] ConsoleKey in UE2RUNTIME.ini. Valid codes can be derived from the EInputKey enum declared in the Engine.Interactions class. If you're not sure about a key name, just bind the desired key to any command (e.g. "jump") using the built-in keybinder and check which key name this command was bound to in User.ini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito
And EM_Runtime?mutator=MutHelloWorld.HelloWorld might work. We didn't test mutator functionality, though. Might not.
From what I can see the GameInfo.InitGame() code is almost identical to the UT2003 version, so adding mutators or gamerules from the URL should work.
<TNSe> nono
<TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
<Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
<Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"

Last edited by Wormbo; 21st Oct 2003 at 04:45 PM.
Wormbo is offline   Reply With Quote