GameSpy Industries For Sale

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
The New York Post is reporting that our former hosts, GameSpy Industries, are up for sale:

CNET Networks, which holds a stake in GameSpy, and an "unnamed major portal" are among possible suitors for the company, according to a source. CNET said it doesn't comment on speculation, but a source close to the company said there is a "serious level of interest" in buying GameSpy.

GSI, a privately-held company with reported revenues of about $17 million, has been posting a large number of jobs on their website over the past couple of months, including Editor-In-Chief and FilePlanet Project Manager, recently filling positions such as Director of Product Development and Director of IT.

We'll have more on this breaking story as news becomes available.

S

SirYawnalot

****. I handle most of my mail through my PlanetAvP account...

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
Keep in mind that this story comes to us via the New York Post, which - in some circles - is considered little more than a tabloid. Until there's an official word from the Green and Black Empire, nobody knows what's really going on, if anything.

Pete
-BeyondUnreal