Bah at the Pawn!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hao Niu-rou

flummoxed
Oct 18, 2002
London, Ontario, Canada
I made custom pawn, player controller and gameinfo classes, they work except one of the things i changed was the texture the pawn uses. The problem is it doesnt change this in game. Now if i place my pawn in the editor, it uses the new texture, but when i check using behindview it still shows the damn grey texture what did i do wrong??

(i meant to post this in the programming section...)

Last edited:

AmazingJas

Oct 18, 2003
Visit site
Sorry I can't help, but when you get your pawn working, could you maybe send me the scripts you use, as I am a complete newbie, and am tearing my hair out trying to understand how to create working pawns?

nfactorial

Oct 17, 2003
Search all the .ini files inside the runtime\system folder for Class=Runtime.RTPawn and replace it with your own pawn class (Ie. mine currently looks like Class=TestMod.MyPawn).

Worked for me :)

n!

Dezso

Sep 15, 2001
nfactorial said:
Search all the .ini files inside the runtime\system folder for Class=Runtime.RTPawn and replace it with your own pawn class (Ie. mine currently looks like Class=TestMod.MyPawn).

Worked for me :)

n!

I tried a smiliar approach to change the mesh, but nothing happens. I cant even move the character or see any mesh. I used this code:

class newMesh extends RTPawn;

defaultproperties
{
Mesh=SkeletalMesh'newMesh.player'
}

Dezso

Sep 15, 2001
whops im an idiot, i wasent deleting my old .u file, so everytime i ucc make it wasent compiling new code :eek: works now!

Dezso

Sep 15, 2001
ah thanks, i used this before but lost it when i reformated and couldnt find it again (forgot what it was called)

rvillars

Oct 23, 2003
I try to create my own pawn, too!

For that I would like to use the UDNFemale character (of course only for test purposes not for redistributing).

I imported the .psk and the .psa files in the editor and saved them, and I created my own pawn with

Mesh=SkeletalMesh'MyPawns.MyModel'

and all the animation stuff.

But now I get a warning when compiling:

Importing Defaults for MyPawn
ObjectProperty Engine.Actor.Mesh: unresolved reference to 'SkeletalMesh'MyPawns.MyModel''

Did I miss something?

(Sorry for my bad english)