News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Reviews > Nali City > User Reviews

Old 2nd Sep 2003, 10:17 PM   #1
Master Roshi
Troll

SP-SkyTownRedux

This is a Verry well made conversion of the origional SKyTown map with mutch more added on and new suprises and a new monster. (First Picture) If we had spiders that big around here we would be in verry deep ****! The the last guy you fight - - - NO wait I will not tell you what you have to fight that would just spoil the fun. But to get there you have to go threw a large underwould you had missed when playing the origional map. "See the second pic now" The music is good and nicely picked. And the map is filled traps that you have to bea a boss to get out of and ambushes NO NO NO I will not tell you where they are That would be cheating. I give this map a 10

Hay wait its not just the map. You get a new hud and new sounds. Nomore of this 1 sound when you are walking your foot steps change sound when you change surface type.

Well that all I can do. I am new at this review thing.

Just see it for yourself!!
You can get it here "http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6436"
(Can some one please tell me how to make links here please??)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spider.JPG (52.6 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg HAllway.JPG (78.8 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by Master Roshi; 3rd Sep 2003 at 07:20 PM.
Master Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2003, 08:07 AM   #2
Mister_Prophet

the other 3 maps are bonus maps, where you get special weapon rewards depending on difficulty beaten.

And you were supposed to run it from a batch file, not off UT, thus messing your game up:P
Mister_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2003, 04:40 PM   #3
Master Roshi
Troll

OK I found these batch files for some reason they did not extract. Now lets try this again. Ok It works now are you working on a new one???

Last edited by Master Roshi; 3rd Sep 2003 at 07:22 PM.
Master Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2003, 09:34 AM   #4
Stakhanov
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Wow , the changes to the original map , the new chaotic atmosphere , the cutscenes... every square meter of the map is filled with refined leetness.

That's an awesome adventure map. And no lowered framerates... they're fine despite the immense size of the map.

The story is just fascinating , but also realistic. It adds immersion and you can't refrain from feeling involved in the conflict. The depth of the characters is impressive for an Unreal game.

Excellent job Prophet !
"I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature.....Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion?To make half the world fools and half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the world."
-Thomas Jefferson
Stakhanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2003, 09:38 AM   #5
Mister_Prophet

Thanx Stak dude! I figured if I could alter the story and gameplay factors enough, people wouldn't care as much that it was a conversion

Ok It works now are you working on a new one???

Yes, no due date posted, but it will be a larger pack.
Old 16th Sep 2003, 09:11 AM   #6
Stakhanov
Invisible Pink Unicorn

btw : the Unreal mode is freaking hard. Requires mass quicksaving... the Red Nemesis aren't invincible if you have a proper battle plan , but the final boss does ridiculous amounts of damage. (sniper bullets gatling ?)
Also the bonus you have when finishing it seems to make the game even harder...
"I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature.....Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion?To make half the world fools and half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the world."
-Thomas Jefferson
Stakhanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2003, 11:21 AM   #7
Mister_Prophet

The boss uses the chain gun from Xidia Gold, countering with long range weapons are your safest bet.