News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > News & Articles

Old 25th Aug 2003, 09:50 AM   #1
RaptoR
been here far too long

GameSpy UT2004 Shots

GameSpy have eighteen new UT2004 shots up over at this page. The shots show off some of the game's new player and weapon models, as well as some impressive looking vehicles and maps.
Old 25th Aug 2003, 11:15 AM   #2
Selerox
COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Exclamation O M G

Holy dear sweet jesus

On the downside, I'm not liking the new Robot models too much. The good thing about the old Robot models was their sharp, angled, inorganic look, those 'bots are far too curved IMO But, if we can use the old modles as well, then it's all good

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death. I have mixed feelings about the decline for Christianity, in so far that Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse" - Professor Richard Dawkins
Selerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2003, 11:33 AM   #3
Prophetus
Old Fart

Woot, looks like the game will support dual weapons (assault rifle) like in UT1.

Prophetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2003, 11:51 AM   #4
Selerox
COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Exclamation John Woo style UT, I like!

Yeah, twinned ARs could be a useful close range weapon in a pinch, and the double grenade coverage would be handy. If Epic increase the primary accuracy, then twin ARs could turn out to be a viable back-up weapon.

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death. I have mixed feelings about the decline for Christianity, in so far that Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse" - Professor Richard Dawkins

Last edited by Selerox; 25th Aug 2003 at 11:53 AM. Reason: edited for spelling
Old 25th Aug 2003, 12:13 PM   #5
hal
Dictator

The "rounded" robots have a sort of retro-tech look. Kind of like Buck Rogers or something.
Old 25th Aug 2003, 01:21 PM   #6
Selerox
COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Exclamation Retro-tech = bad.

You're not making the case for them any better, hal

Old 25th Aug 2003, 01:22 PM   #7
Mitz

The scaling looks ridiculous in some of the pics.

Also, the new shock rifle skin looks like crap.
Old 25th Aug 2003, 02:01 PM   #8
[IsP]KaRnAgE
You Can Be My Wingman

Those are Xan suits. Isn't Xan a human with a robotic suit? They look bulky and round because their are people in them. The robots from 2k3 are 100% mechanical.
Don't screw around with me Maverick. You're a hell of an instinctive pilot. Maybe too good. I'd like to bust your butt but I can't. I got another problem here. I gotta send somebody from this squadron to Miramar. I gotta do something here, I still can't believe it. I gotta give you your dream shot! I'm gonna send you up against the best. You two characters are going to Top Gun.
[IsP]KaRnAgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2003, 02:01 PM   #9
Midnight Mick
My Cat is Black & White!

It looks like they (Epic) are using a smaller texture size now for each of the new models looking at the quality of them pics. You can see clearly on Pic 03.jpg the difference between the quality of the weapon being better than the quality of the Xan skin.

That should be good really as it's less resources on the system meaning more FPS.

Still, that don't mean jack if they haven't adjusted the model size & got it right this time!

Last edited by Midnight Mick; 25th Aug 2003 at 02:03 PM.
Midnight Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2003, 04:05 PM   #10
Selerox
COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Exclamation Models and Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitz
Also, the new shock rifle skin looks like crap.
You can choose wether to use the new model or the UT2003 one for each weapon. So you can still use the UT2003 model if you like that one more. Which is a nice feature

Old 25th Aug 2003, 04:39 PM   #11
TossMonkey
brown bread?

UT2004 looks pretty desirable right now.

PSN: Fifth-Elephant
Quakelive: FifthElephant
no good reason
TossMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2003, 04:47 PM   #12
Swift Viper
Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [IsP]KaRnAgE
Those are Xan suits. Isn't Xan a human with a robotic suit? They look bulky and round because their are people in them. The robots from 2k3 are 100% mechanical.
True for Xan (Boss), but I heard Xan Mark II was rebuilded from the ground up, so I don't know if it is a suit or an real robot. No idea about Xan Mark III yet.

We can finally see duel weapons, one big point for Epic :beer:

Don't really like the new sinper rifle look so far, but it could change.

I hope the Duel Assault Rifles is as balanced as the other weapons, but what are the odds of killing someone before they pick up another weapon and leave you with the weak single assault rifle?

I like some of the way the new maps looks, but they better have good gameplay.

Insert rest of signature here.

Last edited by Swift Viper; 25th Aug 2003 at 04:48 PM.
Swift Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2003, 04:39 AM   #13
Selerox
COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Exclamation Xan 1/2 = UT99. Xan 3 = UT2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Viper
True for Xan (Boss), but I heard Xan Mark II was rebuilded from the ground up, so I don't know if it is a suit or an real robot. No idea about Xan Mark III yet.
If you look at one of the close-up Xan shots, you'll see clearly that it has XAN3 written on it's chest. Xan 2 was included in one of the UT99 bonus packs