I lost my 2k3 key...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
I've lost my UT2003 booklet, and thus my CD key... since installing Windows XP wiped out my registry, along with my address book, correspondence history and many other things I foolishly forgot were stored in the windows folder that got wiped out, I can no longer play 2k3 without finding said booklet & CD key....

Additionally, RealLife (tm) has tossed me into a funk as of late... for one, school is starting in a week, and I have to get ready to move... I'm really not looking forward to going back ... classes are going to be very demanding this time around.... and I really need to buckle down if I want to graduate any time soon... In addition, my mood has been further funkified by other more personal stuff that has really stripped me of my will to do much of anything... I think I'm done for the moment.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
maybe if I don't find mine soon... honestly the RL stuff has stripped me of most of my desire to play though...
Maybe I'll feel better once the big move is over or the other issue gets resolved.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I hate the registry. Why is it needed, anyway? Can't they store that info in some more normal-style way? :mad:

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
well, if I was at school, it would probably be under my bed... but since I'm at home in the basementr, it could be damn near anywhere... I'm hoping its just under one of the piles near this desk

vulture987

Dec 18, 2002
everywhere (omnipresent)
Visit site
real life and giant sandworms blow

Kangus dude hook up with some Jones Soda, it will make you feel better plus the fortune on the underside of the bottlecap will tell you whether things will get better any time soon (they are always right)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Don't do it, Kangu! If it's bad, you'll unconsciously make it so! Here's what you do: go write a fortune that's all good an' stuff. Then you stick it somewhere where you'll be sure to find it. Then, knock yourself out in hopes of losing you memory of ever writin such a fortune. Finally, locate the fortune, read it, and subconsciously make it happen! And then you don't even have to drink any icky soda!

Dragon6

God Of Wind and Water
I believe "poof" refers to some magical thing that happened so's as to happyfy our downtrodden Kangu....CONGRADULATIONS ON THE FINDING OF THE KEY......I'm back everyone...from my 2 month absence... so yeah, expect for me to say hi to you...or,,uhh... something like that...

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
well, now I'm gonna bitch & moan about WindowsXP instead...

the whole product activation thing is a completely horrifying copy protection scheme that victimizes the advanced user who owns a legit copy.

Just last friday I installed some more RAM.... and I boot the compuuter back up into WindowsXP and it's all like "You have made a significant hardware change... you must re-activate WindowsXP within the next 3 days"
and I'm all like "sure, whatever... it'll take 10 seconds using the web activation option"
So I try that.... and it tells me "Your CD key has been used to activate WindowsXP too many times, please call customer service to rectify this situation"
So I'm pissed at this point.... I mean, apparently their definition of too many times is ONCE!... and even though it's 10pm, I try calling MS customer service.... and I get put on hold by the machine for ever and ever and ever... until I give up....
so the short of it is that I had no time to call MS in the three days I was given to re-activate due to packing, unpacking, moving and re-settling and stuff, and as a result... finish later