Unreal 95 Release.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
shots I took:

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

new5.jpg

new6.jpg

Anyone know where to get the Unreal98alpha or Unreal97 releases?

This is from the Unreal95 release.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Just a tech demo? Doesn't really matter, this is sweet :D

edit: yes yes the level aren't all that ;-) but the music is so damn good!

I wonder if those tracks can be converted to umx. They're great!

Last edited:

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
wow, pretty interesting to see what they had done back then. If they would've released U1 back then, it would've easily destroyed any other game. It still did destroy most of the other games. And the music does rule.

Neonite: s3M is what UEd exports umx's to, you can probably import them into the editor and save them as a umx.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
i look at this and think....wow! How did the engine get as far as it is today starting from this....

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
Daedalus said:
wow, pretty interesting to see what they had done back then. If they would've released U1 back then, it would've easily destroyed any other game. It still did destroy most of the other games. And the music does rule.

Neonite: s3M is what UEd exports umx's to, you can probably import them into the editor and save them as a umx.

before unreal came out, I think the similar games like this "tech demo" looks like is Ultima Underworld.
Someone took the first level of Ultima Underworld and put it in the Unreal engine, er mapped it in Unreal as a test.
maybe warren spector did it himself, I would have to check the credits.
Around 95, it was Ultima Underworld, Doom, Doom 2

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I assume we are no closer to getting the next two years tech demo builds...