News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Reviews > Nali City > Nali City - General Forums > Other Stuff

Old 2nd Aug 2003, 03:14 PM   #1
BangOut
...smells like groin.

28 Days Later

I don't remember a thread on this and a lot of people have mixed feelings about it

I finally saw it this week on my comper after realizing no nearby theater was going to carry it... ever

What was good about it: I wasn't blow away by it, but I ended up going back and thinking about it all week... that usually ends with me buying it :P. The zombies being protrayed as yelling, running beasts was fantastic. The soundtrack was great... I ordered it the same night... yes, yes, emofag/nerd rock lover that I am.

What was bad about it: Given what I had read beforehand about a weird ending and how they reached a military fort at the end, it wasn't the movie I was expecting to see... it was good as a low budget film, but could have used a tiny little touch of hollywood.

What I didn't get: The ending was about as straightforward as could be... what's the big mystery to it?

<Robust> anyone know the latest patch number for ut2k3?
<NiNo> UT2k4

<OO7MIKE_> the topic that just keeps on growing.....like a summers morning erection while you lay next to your school teacher
BangOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2003, 03:17 PM   #2
OO7MIKE
Mr. Sexy

it felt like a scifi origonal movie to me.....with more gore
Old 3rd Aug 2003, 01:17 AM   #3
Mister_Prophet

It is the best film I've seen all year. The film is an entertaining apocolypse film, a impressive and original zombie flick, and a very thought provoking look at Human nature. I was both intertained and intrigued. And the soundtrack frickin rocks.

-SPOILERS AHEAD-

The best scene in the movie for me was when Jim goes back to the military compound to rescue Selena and Hannah and he attacks the perverted soldier who is holding Selena at gunpoint and brutally kills him. And Selena, holding her machette, can't tell him apart from the infected. The scene is well shot and carries out in such away the the intention behind it is just captured beautifully.

"People killing people"
Mister_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2003, 01:33 AM   #4
OO7MIKE
Mr. Sexy

-SPOILERS AHEAD-

I love the part where they go shopping. "You cant just grab any old crap"
The most suprising scene is right at the beginning of the movie after one of the first attacks where that girl cuts that guy up after a battle with an infected.
Old 3rd Aug 2003, 01:40 AM   #5
BangOut
...smells like groin.

I thought the part where he had gone kinda animal and gouged his head out was a little obvious

But really, I didn't see anything new or thought provoking about the story... if nine soldiers were holed up... sure they'd want a woman... if you'd been cooped up in an apartment for days, sure you're going to laugh in a grocery store and have bad dreams about loneliness... pretty straightforward to me

<Robust> anyone know the latest patch number for ut2k3?
<NiNo> UT2k4

<OO7MIKE_> the topic that just keeps on growing.....like a summers morning erection while you lay next to your school teacher
BangOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2003, 01:53 PM   #6
Evil_Cope
For the Win, motherfather!

you seen the dvd of it? the ending was at some point changed, i think.
Spoiler Warning! (move mouse over box below to reveal)
there was an alternate ending on the dvd, where the guy hadnt made it, but it was identical other than that

it reminded me alot of a series on channel 5, once. "urban gothic", a series of more-or-less unrelated tele-movie slightly tongue in cheek horror stories.

low budget, but, erm, somehow classy anyway.

anyway,
"gritty", the non holywood glosslessness and more raw pace to things, especially action, and stuff. whatever
Old 5th Aug 2003, 09:03 PM   #7
DigitalW
I see you...

Hate that I missed this move, sounds good.

btw, has anyone seen Final Destination 1 & 2?
If so, what did you think?

Quote: roshis mammas so fat, she couldnt get the bent coathanger far enough up to perform the abortion that would have saved us all having to read this crap. Darth_Weasel
DigitalW is offline   Reply With Quote