Stupid head. Stupid HUD.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Okay, I've been on and off this board more times than I can count over the past five years. I always was up to something else other than UnrealScript, so I never was too serious about it. Anyway, I've started yet another foray into UScript, and I've forgotten most of what I figured out last time. I'm trying to, in the original Unreal Tournament (I'm too lazy and broke to get 2k3), get the Chimeric floating actor tips to work. I know they don't work as advertised, but I just want to get them to work...

I'm running into trouble when registering the mutator. I've forgotten how to register HUD mutators, so I have no idea if I'm doing it right.

I'm also having trouble with getting the fonts and such to print to the screen, I keep getting errors. Here's the problematic code:

Code:
// Here's my initialization. I have no idea if it's correct or not.
// It's close. I think.
var bool initialized;

function postBeginPlay () {
  if(initialized) return;
  initialized = true;
  RegisterHUDMutator();
}

// SNIP
// ...
// SNIP

simulated function DrawActorTip(Canvas Canvas)
{
  local Actor FocusedActor;
  local vector ScreenPos;

// Find Target
  FocusedActor = GetFocusedActor();

// Label Target
  if (FocusedActor != None)
  {
    Canvas.DrawColor = WhiteColor;
    // I've seen this in other code, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Canvas.Style = ERenderStyle.STY_Translucent;
    Canvas.Font = MyFonts.GetSmallFont( Canvas.ClipX );
    // This, too, I've seen in other code and doesn't work here.

ScreenPos = MapToScreen(FocusedActor.Location, Canvas);
    Canvas.SetPos(Screenpos.x, Screenpos.y);
    Canvas.DrawText(FocusedActor.Name);
  }
}