Recent map conversion issues at NC...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Homeslice

A mapper not in the zone
I must say, this CannabisCorpse is tearing us apart. He, first of all, converts some of our favorite maps into UT2k3 form - without asking or acknowleding the authors. Then it sparks bitter resentment for people like me, Prophet, AlphaDMF, or others. We voice our opinions, which are obviously 0's (or close to it), and others, CC included, flame us for not having a heart, not to mention the way CC just flamed Prophet for one of the reviews. That's unacceptable, and I stand behind Prophet here. Now many of CC's followers have started to speak against this community, which I am glad to be a part of.

My point is, I don't want to see this community go to pieces because of one person, or what he claims to be his, or the things we say about it. These issues need resolving one day. It's just a concern I had. Thanks.

Homeslice

A mapper not in the zone
Read through the comments again. You'll see how many people support him....bah.

But seriously, I know there will always be map rippers - but I've never seen one quite like this guy. I was just a bit paranoid that all these people who like these maps would all try to boycott us, because they think this place has turned to a hole, filled with "*******s" like you or me (they said it, not me). If anything, I think this place is much better than before, and I respect what you said about this string of conversions you reviewed.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Well I personally wouldn't be too upset if these people left NC. Remember these are the same people that rate DM-CubeFilledWithWeapons 10/10 because they are "fast paced".
imo, they are a menace to the community. Someone who is actually interested in downloading a decent map could easilly read those comments and be tricked into downloading CTF-AndAction. A fate that I wouldn't wish upon anybody, no matter how much I hate them :p

Anyways, I flamed CC pretty bad on the Tempest2-k3 comments again. It will prolly be removed by MC soon enough (sorry, I can't help myself). Hopefully CC will get a chance to read it first though :p

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
ban? and can you just delete the maps as well?

I saw he's flaming us in the pcgamemod forums.

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
the url is in his map description for his deck16 rip. (at that site theyre rating it an 8.1, please help us out by giving it 0s ;) ) click the comments link, and youll find a long post by him. dont really feel like going back there, that site sucks.

jreister

heretic
Jan 14, 2000
nirvana
Visit site
"His" DM-Curse LE scored 92/100 on that pcgamers site, so please shut up guys! He can´t be wrong.
BTW: How is it possible to make a 25MB file out of the original? He always claimes that he is doing something for the underclockers...

Stakhanov

Invisible Pink Unicorn
Apr 7, 2002
France - Paris 14eme
Visit site
As always , the moderators hide under the "constructive criticism" excuse to not have to deal with crappy mappers...

k , this case is ridiculous enough , I've made up my mind : soon you will see DM-PyramidXXXXXXXXL mocking the most honorable map ripoffs on their site. Bot_40 should release CTF-AreaZlalFactoryAlphaBase40 here as well to put the pressure on that horrible map torturer.

Last edited: