NewsUnrealEdFilesModsFragBULiandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > News & Articles

Old 26th Jun 2003, 01:10 AM   #1
hal
Dictator

Die Human!

!

UT Bahamas is a brand new UT/UT2003 desktop wallpaper site. Not only does Derek live in beautiful Nassau, Bahamas (bastard!), but the site is good looking as well. Dust off your system folder and send him some of your very best screenshots.
Quote:
Each month we feature a screenshot by one of our viewers. Please include your name and address and state if you want your email address posted with your screenshot (800 x 600 only, please).
Old 26th Jun 2003, 10:18 AM   #2
WebSlinger
bNotNegative != False

good going BU, you slashdotted their site!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.geocities.com/utbahamas/
Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://www.geocities.com/utbahamas/
Old 26th Jun 2003, 10:40 AM   #3
TossMonkey
brown bread?

Geocities is poo, the bandwidth is minute. Also 800x600 is poor for desktops where people can have upto 1600x1280 as their res. I'm sure once the the guy gets a better host he can really make something special out of his site.

PSN: Fifth-Elephant
Quakelive: FifthElephant
no good reason
TossMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2003, 10:53 AM   #4
hal
Dictator

Whoops! He sent me the news about the site, I guess he didn't figure on the traffic.
Old 26th Jun 2003, 10:05 PM   #5
GodSign

thanx

Geocities is poo, the bandwidth is minute. Also 800x600 is poor for desktops where people can have upto 1600x1280 as their res. I'm sure once the the guy gets a better host he can really make something special out of his site.

you're right! I need more space. yahoo geocities free websites don't give you much space but you can do anything with geocities if you're creative and know how to use the tools. sorry the site keeps crashing due to poor data transfer. I will get more space as soon as possible and I'll allow 1024x768 res and higher. I've already used up about half of my space on utbahamas that's why I use the 800x600 res. Maybe I think I'll allow 1024x768 on utbahamas, because I know that is the preferred setting or higher by most PC users. my own XP is is set at 1024x768. It's gonna eat up my space though! I'll add some more of my own screens (which were all done by me as samples) then delete files as new screenshots come in. Anyway let's see what happens, k? thanx for the comments everyone.
GodSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2003, 10:36 PM   #6
The Twiggman
Instagib 4 Life

Well here's a cheap fix. Make more than one geocities account and keep uploading all your stuff to them and linking them to the main. I used to do that till I just decided to go for a whole new site that didn't require alot of pictures to be worthwhile. Make note you can eliminate those annoying popups that the server shows you by renaming the extensions of your pages from .html to .txt. The servers will still read the code and present you with pages ad free!
The Twiggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2003, 11:04 PM   #7
GodSign

fix

holy moly twiggman you've got the answer. That's two great suggestions. I'll try them both. but wouldn't the first site still crash from low data transfer (caused by too many hits too often)
GodSign is offline   Reply With Quote