How to put on a web page number of players playing on a server ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

toma

Jun 25, 2003
Hi all,

just joined the forum, and I was wondering something special. As I don't really know where it has to be posted, I have posted it in Coding part and in Unreal Tournament 2003-2004 part.

So here comes my question :

With some friends, we are hosting a dedicated server on a dedicated box. We have a website where we host forum and share stuff and so on.
So I was just wondering if there would be a way to know if there are people playing in the server, without being obliged to launch the game then go to Network part and see if there are players. In fact, I just imagined it could be possible to get the info from the server,then display it on our website, so that you just have to check a webpage to know if there are people pleying.

I guess it is possible to get that info cause when you use an App such as AllSeeingEye, you're able to see how many players are currently playing.

If anyone has info about that subject, even little, please reply here, I'd be a happy man :)

Thanks in advance, and happy frag !

toma.

toma

Jun 25, 2003
Hummm... interesting...so that would mean you have to install that thing on the server side too...
I'll read about it and try to understand... looks quite complex for a newbie such as me !

Thanks a lot WebSlinger

Da RicK

Stubid newpie
Apr 26, 2001
Next to Santa
I havent used it myself but as i can see now. You download a .u-file, put it on your server. Edit the ini and you can use a (homemade) php-script to "query" the server and get the information on your page.

toma

Jun 25, 2003
hummm, ok I'll try to test it as soon as I get some sleep and find time to read AND understand :)

Thanks you both for your help.

By the way, has anyone already seen such a thing ? I mean seeing on a website the number of players currently playing on a particular server ?

THX

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
There's a nifty little plug-in here that I've used to make my own server browser with all my faves listed. It's really simple to incorporate into your web page, it's skinable, can launch the game from the browser, has some funkeh options & works with a whole host of games; it just requires the client d/l & install the plug-in. :)

[Ci]Necro

Dec 8, 2002
www.clanci.net
I use the games own query thing, and a old script that i found that el muerte wrote in php... you can see it in action on our main page located at: http://ouf.xgshosting.com/index.php its on the left side of the screen, click on it, and it will take you to a detailed server listing of the gametype, various rules (tl off/on, game speed, etc) as well as list the players and their scores and pings...