News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004

Old 15th Jun 2003, 03:48 PM   #1
Imaginos
Deathball addict?

BuF DeathBall squad anyone?

Latest Deathball League just wrapped up and teams are starting to get reorganized for another go. DavidM and company are backers in a US/Euro league at http://www.deathball.net/db-league/

There is an American league forming right now as well. Reach that one here: http://www.americandbl.com/

There's always room to join existing teams there, but the main reason I bring it up is to see if there's any interest in ressurecting our BuF team. Would love to field a BuF squad again!

Repeat to yourself: It's just a game. I should really just relax..
Come, enjoy some DeathBall at BuD2k4Beta or BuD2k4Pub - featuring Gibball, UT2Vote and more
Imaginos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2003, 12:21 AM   #2
Skold
Sexy!

Hi Imaginos,

i used to play DB a lot, but havent recently due to lack of pubs and no clan to play with. We've played some on pubs together, and if you remember, i suck. lol! That being said. i'd love to play DB competitively.
Skold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2003, 12:55 AM   #3
Rens2Sea
Total Exp: 1338 > leet

I would love to have a war against you guys
I'm in TEZC, we finished 3rd and 4th with our DB squads.
Deathball 1.7 will be released soon and with a new gametype called Tennis. I am the coder of that
Here are some old old old screenshots. Version 0.3 can be downloaded here, but you need DB 1.6 to play it. Version 0.4 will be added to DB 1.7.

Last edited by Rens2Sea; 16th Jun 2003 at 08:29 AM.
Rens2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2003, 01:09 AM   #4
BlAcK_PlAgUe22
I ooze.

/me misses |BuD|
Old 16th Jun 2003, 02:00 AM   #5
Rens2Sea

You've been in BuD? :O
BuD died We took Catalyst88 and DeadStevo But now Catalyst is in LX or ZBN and DeadStevo is in Rush
Old 16th Jun 2003, 02:17 AM   #6
PlatinumGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rens2Sea
I would love to have a war against you guys
I'm in TEZC, we finished 3rd and 4th with our DB squads.
Deathball 1.7 will be released soon and with a new gametype called Tennis. I made that
Here are some old old old screenshots. Version 0.3 can be downloaded here, but you need DB 1.6 to play it. Version 0.4 will be added to DB 1.7.

DeathBall will be the first mod I DL when I get my hands on UT 2K3 just because of that Tennis gametype. Looks very fun.

Oh, yeah. Hi, I am a n00b to these forums, and to PC Unreal. Hope they both welcome me with open arms. ;P
PlatinumGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2003, 07:45 AM   #7
Hanover_Fist
Hero

hi PG
Hanover_Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2003, 09:29 AM   #8
DavidM
Designer

rens2sea, liar

your 3rd rank is not save yet :P
it rather looks like 4th

as for the league, make sure you got your teams signed up by the end of this month, the new season should start on july 1st
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2003, 10:28 AM   #9
Camel
dduurrrrrrrrrr

I still play Deathball almost every day.

We should bring back the BuF team. I was never on it but I would like to be.
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet. When toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap a piece buttered toast to the back of a cat; the two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail would easily link.
Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2003, 02:26 PM   #10
[IsP]KaRnAgE
You Can Be My Wingman

I have a far better connection than the one from when I was in BuD. But I haven't really played since 1.5 was released.
Don't screw around with me Maverick. You're a hell of an instinctive pilot. Maybe too good. I'd like to bust your butt but I can't. I got another problem here. I gotta send somebody from this squadron to Miramar. I gotta do something here, I still can't believe it. I gotta give you your dream shot! I'm gonna send you up against the best. You two characters are going to Top Gun.
[IsP]KaRnAgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2003, 01:00 AM   #11
Shock6822
Cock of the Walk

Shock's back and ready to kick some DB ass...oh yeah

Edit: Don't worry Karn...I played my first game in months yesterday and had almost 500 Points Per hour haha...that's pretty good for a comeback
[14:00] <[RSU]WiLD2> No gay sex tools here
[14:00] * Tapey|DyingOfBoredom wanders off

Last edited by Shock6822; 17th Jun 2003 at 01:02 AM.
Shock6822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2003, 03:31 AM   #12
Doc_EDo
LEFT

You better play DB while it's version 1.6 !!!
In 1.7 they have killed all the fun stuff like pass shooting, self volley pass, reduced volley power etc. Instead of reducing that terrible on-line lag they ruined the gameplay.

Last edited by Doc_EDo; 17th Jun 2003 at 03:33 AM.
Doc_EDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2003, 07:44 AM   #13
W0RF
BuF Greeter, News Bagger

Oh yeah I love playing Cube over and over again so people can volley to themselves off the wall and score blistering goals without actually utilizing any real skill other than to exploit the hell out of volley.

Overall DB is an awesome gametype but I wonder if in the course of its evolution it hasn't tweaked itself to death. I'll wait for 1.7 and see.

Maps: CTF-ColaWars-FragBU - current version = 2 | CTF/BR/JB/TDM-BuFferZone - In Progress
W0RF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2003, 09:35 PM   #14
Imaginos
Deathball addict?

Outstanding

Normally I wouldn't attmept CPR so long after death, but this is BuD, so we're not very worried about the brain damage that normally occurs within five minutes of cardiac arrest..

Kidding aside, I'm glad to see all the names that I thought slipped off the face of the earth. There's some tough teams out there that have had quite a bit of time to recruit from the best of the free agents on the public servers. We'd be up against brutally competative teams that have sent a few rookie squads back home to mama - never to play deathball again. I'm hoping we can get together enough enthusiastic players that we can play through the season and have a good time, win or lose.

So come one, come all!
All interested BuF'ers (and future BuF'ers too), get a hold of me via pm, email, IM, or stop by my place for a cold beverage of your choosing. We'll get everyone on a list and see where we can go from there. The old BuD channel is a bit dusty, but we can slap it awake once we need it.

DavidM - danke for the heads up on the league team registration deadline.

Come, enjoy some DeathBall at BuD2k4Beta or BuD2k4Pub - featuring Gibball, UT2Vote and more
Old 18th Jun 2003, 06:11 AM   #15
Rens2Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_EDo
You better play DB while it's version 1.6 !!!
In 1.7 they have killed all the fun stuff like pass shooting, self volley pass, reduced volley power etc. Instead of reducing that terrible on-line lag they ruined the gameplay.
roflmao, 1.7 isn't even released yet, so how the hell do you know?
Don't say Beta because betas suck and the final is much changed.
Old 18th Jun 2003, 11:19 AM   #16
Foetal Youth
Godlike

I would play, but DB lost it's fun for me when BuD imploded, mainly due to RL things of the few members. You guys carry on, it's a great thing, but I doubt I'll be involved.
Foetal Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2003, 02:04 PM   #17
[IsP]KaRnAgE
You Can Be My Wingman

I think we should hold a small pickup game to see if this is what we really want. I mean, to see how much work would be needed, and to decide from there where we can go. Just a thought
Don't screw around with me Maverick. You're a hell of an instinctive pilot. Maybe too good. I'd like to bust your butt but I can't. I got another problem here. I gotta send somebody from this squadron to Miramar. I gotta do something here, I still can't believe it. I gotta give you your dream shot! I'm gonna send you up against the best. You two characters are going to Top Gun.
[IsP]KaRnAgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2003, 05:53 PM   #18
Doc_EDo
LEFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rens2Sea
roflmao, 1.7 isn't even released yet, so how the hell do you know?
Don't say Beta because betas suck and the final is much changed.
I did play the beta but these things are mentioned in the list of changes 1.6 -> 1.7.
Old 19th Jun 2003, 07:37 AM   #19
Camel
dduurrrrrrrrrr

Aren't you in V3 though Imaginos?
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet. When toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap a piece buttered toast to the back of a cat; the two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail would easily link.
Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2003, 10:45 PM   #20
Imaginos
Deathball addict?

Yeah, but I've wanted to come back home to BuF for a long time. I held out on joining any DB clans until BuD had completely stopped twitching. Real life killed it, and it's taken a lot of my playtime lately too. Hopefully that will slow down soon.

It's also been a while since BuD, and new blood might be just the thing. We sure could use a little presence on the international scene - bring a little class to the game too.

I'm all for a pickup game! That's about how I survive.. my hours are such that it's my only option.