WMP Restoration Thread, aka Pain2k3 news

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
WMP Restoration Thread

Must refill forums!
Cloaking failure (dunno if I'm gonna keep the black wireframe, just seemed like an interesting effect to try out):

Attachments

• CloakingError.gif
    CloakingError.gif
    115.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Neuroflare

Brewer - Patriot
Jun 21, 2001
I dunno
wod.beyondunreal.com
Parser said:
Many of the SPOD posts.. all gone... :(
Well, let's get to 1000 posts again, then Neuroflare can lock it this time. ;)

Not just many... ALL!! The SPoD wasn't around in March 2002. It came 'round in May. I gues they sure as sh1t killed the SPoD. I'm so fukcing mad.

Last edited:

vulture987

Dec 18, 2002
everywhere (omnipresent)
Visit site
naw, i dunno man. i never really paricipated in the spod. but i used to have a gerbil. his name was Kramer. he was the coolest gerbil ever, he was black with a litle white beard and he wouldnt bite anybody. he even had one of those spots under his chin that would make his leg kick when you scratched it, like a dog. but alas after 4 and 1/2 years he died of cancer, his parents had been test animals (ya pet shops sell the offspring of test animals). anyway, thats about 125 in gerbil years. but i was still sad. anyway i forget what the moral of this story was so i'm gunna go cry now. :..(

oh wait i remember. the moral is that it is best to just let good things go when they want to, see cuz i never got a new gerbil because i knew he wouldnt be as cool as the Krame-miester. and i turned out fine :^D

vulture987

Dec 18, 2002
everywhere (omnipresent)
Visit site
i liked halflife in general

ya know whats really ticked me off lately? the fact that no matter how much i update, tweak, and research attempting to get a decent balance between detail, resolution, and FPS (which = gameplay) i can never do it with UT2003. And if i ever come close, my system randomly gets slower and screws me again (seriously, it just get slower and slower the longer i have it, last time i buy VAIO). Thats half the reason i never do much around here anymore. I cant get my fps to a decent area (more than 30) without losing good resolution and detail to the point where Quake 3 is prettier than UT2003. And then the next map made by Joe Mapper With The Best Comp on the Market comes out and i gotta tweak to get 10 fps! Rediculous! I have never and will never have to tweak any game made before 2002, and this one comes along and i cant even tell whats going on because of the texture detail setting! SHEESH! Damn it Atari, if Valve can make Half-Life 2 pretty on a pentium 3, the least you could do is make yours runable on a 1.5 GH p4!!! BASTARDS!!!

Anyway the point to that rant is that i think the innane requirments of the game we're all playing has somthing to do with the forums slowing down, along with the forum crash, along with death of SPoD.

and F*** atari.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
1.5 GHz? hell, 2k3 runs fine at 800x600 on my brother's 1.0 GHz P3 with a GeForce2.... I think you need to figure out what else your system is running... and possibly do a fresh install of 2k3 (wipe it completely from your drive before reinstalling, or the problem may continue to plague you)