2003 Archive

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Go read some of those threads in the 2003 Archive....

Some of them are pretty funny.....in a looking back sorty way. :)

Where did all those people that used to post here go?

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
It seems we lost quite a few threads with the crash; I think basically all the ones that happened recently. I dropped 2,000 posts so it must have been a fair chunk of the threads I've posted in. :p

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
to introduce a new topic, can you believe it was so long ago that the forum crashed and was down for so long? What did all of us faithful BuFfers do with ourselves??

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
well I know this one is already in the Classic, but Hedge and I read "Poop in outerspace?" thread by Morety today, and got quite a chuckle out of that.

I'm curious, does anyone know where the screenshots of the Nalis giving hot carls went to??

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Heh... the link gun ended up being a real disappointment to me. Along with the ion-painter and some other weapons. Well, thats what UT2k4 is for, I guess. Out with the old, bring on the new!

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The only disapointment is that it isn't used very much.

I manage to link up with people the most in Geothermal. That might have something to do with the fact that it's one of the closest weapons to the flag.

Might be a lesson in there for you mappers?

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
I made some pretty wild speculations back before UT2003 was released. Like the "static meshes will kill the mapping community" post. Dunno if that one still exists though. :)

As for the crash I dropped about 5,000 posts and ended up with about 200. I think Pete did it on purpose.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I lost several thousand posts too. In fact the majority of my posts were made in that year or so that got lost. The numbers that show next to my name aren't anywhere close to the real ones.

I'm still here...