Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > General Infiltration Discussion

Old 27th Feb 2002, 06:47 PM   #21
ecale3
Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

*Canadian Voice* "I can engage targets at 600m on full auto with my trusty scoped light machinegun!"

sounds like fun

ecale3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Feb 2002, 06:52 PM   #22
OpFor
Feeling suicide, thats O.K.

They are also attached to the C8, but are left out on the C9 (automatic fire + 7.62mm rounds + KITE site = black eye )
A little off topic, but KITE sites are widly used in Canadian armed forces because of the way they are mounted, Im guessing (sorry, not old enough to join). The ACOG is fitted towards the back of the M16, so it is harder to use it in CQB. Also, I think (not sure) the KITE sight has 100, 200, and 400m zoom. This is all from memorie, so its probably wrong...
Old 27th Feb 2002, 11:09 PM   #23
St0rmcaller
[AFA]'s unoffical godfather

Quote:
Originally posted by Gryphon
All Canadian infantrymen are issued C7A1 automatic rifles with flattop receivers and Elcan sights. They are also fitted to all the C9 squad automatic weapons. Iron sights are still made available for all weapons.
[
I've seen the Canadian Army shoot. They need all the help they can get.

AFA Message Board
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin
-To believe in the life of Love, to walk in the way of Honor, and to serve in the light of Truth...
-When the soldier gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting, sir. I've served my time in Hell."
St0rmcaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Feb 2002, 11:33 PM   #24
ShakKen
Specops Spook

ecale3: that's "I can engage targets at 600m on full auto with my trusty scoped light machinegun ey!"
Old 28th Feb 2002, 05:31 AM   #25
The_Fur
Back in black

Us dutchies also use the c7 with elcan. That is if you are a marine, in the army IIRC they only issue them to officers, the rest get iron sights, dunno about LMG's though.

"Ignorance, and admiration arising from ignorance, are the parents of devotion and obedience"
-Dostoyevski
The_Fur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2002, 08:32 AM   #26
Gryphon
Weapons Tech

Quote:
I've seen the Canadian Army shoot. They need all the help they can get.
Shut yer mouth eh, or I'll beat you with my hockey stick or something. No wait, our Olympic team already did enough of that!
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2002, 08:44 AM   #27
OpFor
Feeling suicide, thats O.K.

Quote:
but are left out on the C9
I meant C6.....
Old 28th Feb 2002, 09:24 AM   #28
Snakeye
Mk82HD

The Austrian army issues the StG77(aka AUG) with a 1.5x optical sight, which is said to reduce the time needed to aquire a target and engage it compared to iron sights.
From all I heard (from my friends and my brother who served) it's pretty useful especially compared to the "backup sights".

Don't know if that applies to 4x optical sights too.

Snakeye

'the elders tell of a young ball much like you. he bounced three meters in the air, then he bounced one point eight meters in the air, then he bounced four meters in the air. do I make myself clear?!'

'anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing'
Snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2002, 11:29 AM   #29
St0rmcaller

Quote:
Originally posted by Gryphon
Shut yer mouth eh, or I'll beat you with my hockey stick or something. No wait, our Olympic team already did enough of that!

Sorry Gryphon, but I was too busy BETA TESTING to watch the olympics... You know, working on your team's Mod for UT? You should check it out sometime, you might like it.

/me fears teh h0ck3y 5t1ck of Doom.

AFA Message Board
-To believe in the life of Love, to walk in the way of Honor, and to serve in the light of Truth...
-When the soldier gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting, sir. I've served my time in Hell."
Old 28th Feb 2002, 05:23 PM   #30
Sidewinder

storm=blarghole skank

Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2002, 10:21 PM   #31
ShakKen
Specops Spook

/Canadian shoots @ sillouette target, making one neat little hole in the head.

St0rmcaller: You call that shooting? Gimme that fo!

/St0rmcaller shoots @ sillouette target, making 3 holes in differant places on the target, 5 holes in the ground, 6 holes in a nearby car and 15 holes in innocent bystanders.

St0rmcaller: That's what us yanks call shooting f0!

Old 28th Feb 2002, 10:50 PM   #32
bastardb

+1 hole in each teammate! oops!
bastardb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2002, 11:37 PM   #33
OICW
Reason & Logic > Religion

Quote:
Originally posted by ShakKen
/Canadian shoots @ sillouette target, making one neat little hole in the head.

St0rmcaller: You call that shooting? Gimme that fo!

/St0rmcaller shoots @ sillouette target, making 3 holes in differant places on the target, 5 holes in the ground, 6 holes in a nearby car and 15 holes in innocent bystanders.

St0rmcaller: That's what us yanks call shooting f0!

Then comes along the Superchink with his FAMAS, shooting @ the silhouette, fires three shots, hitting the target perfectly in the head...then realising he's accidently shot St0rmcaller who was dancing around in front of the target with his M16 screaming "YEEE HAWWW!"

"If there is a country that has committed unspeakable atrocities in the world, it is the United States of America" - Nelson Mandela, at the International Women's Forum
OICW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2002, 11:47 PM   #34
yurch
Swinging the clue-by-four

Quote:
Originally posted by ShakKen
3 holes in differant places on the target, 5 holes in the ground, 6 holes in a nearby car and 15 holes in innocent bystanders.
Mission success!
Old 1st Mar 2002, 01:59 AM   #35
OICW
Reason & Logic > Religion

Yurch- it's only a success if you wear a purple Pimp hat when killing the bystanders.

Either that or a PIMPN8EZ shirt.

"If there is a country that has committed unspeakable atrocities in the world, it is the United States of America" - Nelson Mandela, at the International Women's Forum

Last edited by OICW; 1st Mar 2002 at 11:27 PM.
OICW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2002, 07:56 AM   #36
St0rmcaller

Well. Don't I feel like a kicked puppy...you guys SUCK!

AFA Message Board
Old 1st Mar 2002, 11:37 AM   #37
Col.Sanders

Those heavy-barreled M-16s can be phenomenally accurate.

But there are two different applications of scoped rifles you are looking at here. The first is the Israeli model, where a light rifle is fitted with a light scope. This isn't to extend the rifle's range, but increase the shooter's ability to hit small targets common in urban areas.

The second is the current American designated marksman. He's backing-up a sniper, and using the scope to extend the effective range of the rifle.

The Russian SVD ideal is different too-- the DM rifle has more power and range than the standard infantry rifle. The American's ongoing search for a DMR is headed in this direction: towards 7.62mm rifles and away from the 5.56mm. We'll see how it turns out.

They are slightly different roles, and the ACOG isn't really suited to the second.
Col.Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2002, 04:07 PM   #38
St0rmcaller

The battle for the Designated Marksman rifle continues in the Marine Corps, so I've come to find out. It's even possible for a return to the M-14. However, it seems the M-16A4 is favored child.

edit: The designated marksman in the US Marine Corps acts within a platoon, and not with a sniper. You'll have to ask Grunt11B about the Army though.

AFA Message Board
Old 2nd Mar 2002, 03:52 PM   #39
poaw
You used to sleep easy at night.

Quote:
Originally posted by St0rmcaller

M16A4...
What?
Old 2nd Mar 2002, 05:45 PM   #40
chuckus
Can't stop the bum rush.

Scope for C7 is ok but unfortunately our government skimped on the mount. it's not made for the scope so it tends to get off center quite easily. Requires a lot of maintenace. The gun itself ins't so bad. It's accuracy doens't do the scope much justice tho.

Testimonial from friend in armed forces... p.s. will be able to find out for myself in summer.
chuckus is offline   Reply With Quote